Fairway woods

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Any tips on hitting these things,nearly always topping it whatever I try :confused:

Hit the ball about an inch or so lower! :D
Seems like you need to hit slightly more down on the ball. Or maybe have it slightly further back in your stance. also don't try to smash the cover off it. Or even less down on the ball and/or have it slightly further forward in your stance!

Generally (for a 3-wood) a ball width or so further back in your stance than the Driver and a sweeping swing. Eventually, it'll all seem a bit like riding a bike!

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watch this mate. It helped me no end. I'm hitting a fairway with confidence again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwulVRGK8Q4
Once you have watched the vid and tried it out and got it working the best tip I can give is to hit 10ish solid good shots then either skycaddie or pace out the average distance give or take 10 yards. This then will give you the max distance you can expect. You will then have more idea of when you need to use the fairway wood instead of trying to bash it way into the distance.

bayjon14

Assistant Pro
www.seapointgolflinks.ie
get rid of all tension from your arms, let the club swing, it will go a mile.
If you have not got one, get an RBZ 3 Wood. I mine had womans parts I would take it to bed with me.
Best club in my bag,.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I sorted my fairway woods out by playing the ball off the front heel, swinging back low and hitting the ball wth a sweeping swing.

Shiny

Head Pro
Visit site
I sorted my 3 wood by buying a 16 degree hybrid. I now hit a good shot 9 times out of 10 rather than 2 times out of 10. I do lose a little bit of distance but its arrow straight 190 yards instead of 80 yards topped.