Fairway wood for links course

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I second that, my home course is a links and i use the 910f. It has a really shallow face that helps get ball up from tight fairways

scratch

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Cobra S3. Deep face, largeish head. Played Gullane last week and it was a savior on the monster par 5's (par, birdie, par - so worked well)

That sounds to me like the complete opposite to what is required for a links course :confused:

A shallow faced club would be much better, if you are on a budget look at the new 2013 MD Seve Icon 3w.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
As per my signature, I use a strong 3w 13* off the tee and a MP-CLK 23* off tight lies, worked for at West lanc's recently. I'm just looking for a 5w to bridge the gap now.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
thanks, gonna see if i can get my hands on a 910 4 wood couldn't afford a 913 lol

I was about to put my 17 degree 910f with Diamana 'ililma 71 Mid-Hi Flex S up for sale in the next wee while. Only bought at Christmas, but have changed for a 913f so hardly used.

T

thecraw

Pick a 3 wood you like the look of and inspires confidence, that's the one for you, not the one I like or Greig likes or Valentino likes.

Go and look and try and try and walk away if your unhappy there are plenty on the market, you'll find something which suits your eye and feels "just right"!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Pick a 3 wood you like the look of and inspires confidence, that's the one for you, not the one I like or Greig likes or Valentino likes.

Go and look and try and try and walk away if your unhappy there are plenty on the market, you'll find something which suits your eye and feels "just right"!

The voice of reason, well said Crawford old boy.

grizzler

Club Champion
Visit site

Haven't came across a club yet that feels just right lol

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Titleist 913F is a stunning club and so easy to hit. Small shallow head that would be ideal for tight links fairways. I had a demo club out last week and will be having a fitting next week. I also had a RBZ stage 2 and really wanted to like it but it didn't feel good at all.
Find something you like the look of and then give it a hit as looks are the main thing for me to make me feel confident with the club.