F1 again...who do Ferrari think they are?

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
They annoy me something rotten these Italian tossers!!

Ok so a lot of the teams dont agree with the proposed budget cap for 2010 and I believe they are right not to like it for a number of reasons.

But Ferrari have way over stepped the mark by going to the courts to apply for an injunction against the FIA to stop them going ahead with these plans.

Just who do they think they are?

Maybe the sport would be better off without these big headed, egotistical, megalomaniac freaks!

No team is bigger than the sport and they should remember that :mad:

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
But a title without Ferrari in it would seem a little hollow.

BTW I am NOT a ferrari fan. I would however like to see Moseley sacked and Ecclestone walk away

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
BTW I am NOT a ferrari fan. I would however like to see Moseley sacked and Ecclestone walk away

Amen to that brother vig!!

There was talk of Jean Todt wanting Moseley's role when it expires in October but thats gone quiet, I'm not entirely sure if that would be a good thing or not as Todt has Ferrari blood running through his veins too!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Ferrari have issued the legal procedure as a stalling tactic I believe.

The FIA, lead by moseley had begun to act of their own accord with insufficient input from the teams so I believe Ferrari are spot-on in what they are doing.

Jean Todt is indeed going to be the man to replace old kinky-max in the autumn, remember, yes he worked for ferrari for many years but from the whispers around the paddock, Todt has invested money in Brawn, the same as Schumacher has. Just whispers mind.

Ian_Bristol

Head Pro
Visit site
Each to their own I don't like 2 wheels , have been an avid watcher of F1 for many years and hate the way the sport is going, gone are the days where you had wheels bumping at many a corner, I understand the safety aspect but you can't have thrills without danger.Putting a cap on spending would make the championship a more close fought thing so I am all for a cap on spending.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Obviously Ferrari feel that their threat to pull out of F1 will fall on deaf ears, meaning they are taking legal action. Perhaps they have remembered Auto Unions desision to remove themselves from F1 many decades ago.

They clearly had been banking on people saying that F1 would not be the same without ferrari & betting on everyone moving hell & high water to do anything to keep Ferrari, seeing this ploy has clearly failed, they are now clutching at straws by taking legal action.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ecclestone has systematically made F1 unwatchable. As has been said before there is limited action other that the usual melee at the 1st corner. Let the manufacturers spend as much as they want and stop limiting them and let us see what they can produce.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think it will inevitably end up in a high court fiasco costing millions. Sponsors and advertisers will threaten to pull out if Ferrari aren't involed (why back a second rate product) and at the 11th hour there will be some minor change to the wording and everyone will be back next year.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Except the Lawyers who will have each bought a large island in the Carribean and will have retired very happy wealthy men....

daftscotsman

Club Champion
www.sportsplates.co.uk
Think to be honest they have been involved since almost the beginning of F1 and for Mr (Gimp Mask) Beesly to come out with these stupid regulations, they have every right to use their 'power'.....

TipTopGolfer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ferrari make me laugh,because they dont have the best car there pulling out?!?

Did you see Reanault etc pulling out because there car was crap NO,GROW UP FERRARI!

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
Ferrari make me laugh,because they dont have the best car there pulling out?!?

Did you see Reanault etc pulling out because there car was crap NO,GROW UP FERRARI!

I'd say, as much as I dislike ferrari, that the situation is just a tad more complex than they're pulling out because their car is crap! lol

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
I think there is a lot at stake here for Ferrari does anyone know how many employees may be affected I would imagine 3000+.

As one of the bigger teams they are questioning the direction of their sport, that feels ok they do have a big interest but taking legal action against the ruling body seems heavy handed and wrong. Especially as they have no chance of winning the FIA afterall make the rules, it would be like us taking our scummy MP's to court over expenses, seems like we have a case but we would have no chance of winning.

I guess If you think about it the FIA want the most important thing in the car to be the driver (as do the spectators) but this will always be at loggerheads with what the big manufaturers want.