F1 2019

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
So the first two practise sessions of the new season are complete, and it’s looking good for a 3 way race between vettel, Hamilton and verstappen.

Not looking good for Williams they are miles off the pace and could potentially need to write this wkend off as the cars can’t run over the kerbs.

I’m looking forward to this season although it’s a shame there’ll be no live racing on tv.

Could be the closest season in years, then again it could be over with 3 races left again if Ferrari decide to implode again.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
With only one race on 'free to air' TV this year...
Finding it difficult to raise any real enthusiasm for the season ahead...

Also, the loss of Charlie Whiting is a real big downer for me...

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes, i'd expect the Ferrari's to be a lot quicker than they were in practice,

I'm not sure whether we've even seen Mercedes run full out yet. They were definitely playing games in pre-season testing.

Ferrari have a history of revealing their cards earlier in practice, so will be interesting to see what happens here, or whether they have kept more in reserve.

I think Red Bull will be closer than last year, but I still think it's a 2 horse race with Merc and Ferrari very closely matched.

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes, i'd expect the Ferrari's to be a lot quicker than they were in practice,

The corrected times have all 3 within .4 of a second. But that can be a bit misleading.

Mercedes will still have a lot left to offer, but the Ferrari engine looks good if Alfa are anything to go by.

Real loss with Charlie whiting and it will impact some of the drivers as there was a real trusting relationship built up over many years.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
After watching regularly for a lot of years i've barely dabbled in the last 5. Tried a couple of races but its just so boring, and that's tragic when you think about the speed they're doing. And even worse when commentators wet themselves over a basic overtake

I'll give it a go again this season to see if there's anything to excite viewers

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm more excited about this season than I have been for a long time. Cars that can hopefully follow each other, Ferrari/Merc gap should be smaller, Kimi free from the Ferarri shackles and some really exciting youngsters coming through. Leclerc in particular I think might just upset a certain German more than once. I just hope Williams get their act together and move up the grid a bit.

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Still nothing is certain, as we haven't had the race, but from qualifying, it looks like Mercedes were hiding their pace. Hard to tell with Red Bull due to the Gasly not getting out of Q1.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I gave up with F1 several years ago but it's still miles better than that pathetic electric go-kart event the BBC tries to ram down our throats.

Wolf

Visit site
Hoping Verstappen has a good go at is this year, bags of talent.

I'm off to Germany for the full race weekend in summer so hoping we have a tight title race by then

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hoping Verstappen has a good go at is this year, bags of talent.

I'm off to Germany for the full race weekend in summer so hoping we have a tight title race by then
That's the one I was looking to go to this year, but all the infield grandstand had been booked out when I looked months ago so I might go to an Endurance weekend instead....

Wolf

Visit site
That's the one I was looking to go to this year, but all the infield grandstand had been booked out when I looked months ago so I might go to an Endurance weekend instead....
Booked ours a while ago, getting a coach over, accommodation for 4 nights and grandstands all included for practice days, qualifying and race day. Bonus is treating it as my stag do.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Will probably watch the highlights but not getting up early to watch it. I'm interested in as far as I'd like to see how competitive the teams will be after the first few races or whether one (Mercedes) is way out in front. Other than that I think it's lost a lot of its appeal and I'm far more interested in something like touring cars where it's far more evenly matched. HID is talking about going to Thruxton this year

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Stopped watching years ago, when Coulthard, as a commentator, announced something like “this is going to be really exciting, the overtaking will depend on the pit stop strategy”.....so, no overtaking on the track then.