Explosion in Liverpool

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

It was outside the womens hospital, the driver got taken to my wifes work today.

3 men have been arrested.

Knowing the hospital well, it could've been catastrophic had he entered the building.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was outside the womens hospital, the driver got taken to my wifes work today.

3 men have been arrested.

Knowing the hospital well, it could've been catastrophic had he entered the building.
What sort of terrorist organisation attacks a sole stand alone Maternity Hospital.
That seems a new low even for them.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Spoke to a colleague just earlier, he’s a bit shaken up by this. His daughter works at the hospital where it took place, her lab looks right out to the place where it happened. Thankfully she went on holiday on Saturday so wasn’t around to witness it.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A bit more seems to be coming to light about this and the taxi driver is a hero

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...l-bomb-explosion-news-today-b1957456.html?amp

Seems also that the guy wanted to go near a Rememberance parade and the taxi diverted to the hospital to alert authorities

Arrests have also been made of three men , there is a video of the raid

Taxi driver looks very, very lucky to be alive as the video doesn't show him getting out of the vehicle before the device goes off.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Taxi driver looks very, very lucky to be alive as the video doesn't show him getting out of the vehicle before the device goes off.
That dosnt look like a very powerful bomb.
Or it hasn’t gone off properly.
He’s a very lucky man to get out as usually if your in a car with a bomb there’s nothing down for you.
He deserves a medal.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
That dosnt look like a very powerful bomb.
Or it hasn’t gone off properly.
He’s a very lucky man to get out as usually if your in a car with a bomb there’s nothing down for you.
He deserves a medal.

When I saw the original photos the one thing that did strike me was that there didn't seem to be much in the way of damage to the parked cars or the building's windows etc, maybe an even luckier escape for the cabbie (and possibly a lot of others in the vicinity) with the device not going off properly.

Video is now on the BBC website....

Liverpool hospital blast: Video of the moment taxi explodes - BBC News

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I saw the original photos the one thing that did strike me was that there didn't seem to be much in the way of damage to the parked cars or the building's windows etc, maybe an even luckier escape for the cabbie (and possibly a lot of others in the vicinity) with the device not going off properly.

Video is now on the BBC website....

Liverpool hospital blast: Video of the moment taxi explodes - BBC News
Yes ,I am no expert but would the detonator make that much smoke, if the main bomb didn’t go off ?
The cab didn’t look like there was much damage to the roof either.
Very lucky escape for the lad.
What are these people on thinking a Maternity Hospital is a legitimate target.

D

Deleted member 15344

Looks like they have now carried out a controlled explosion at the address where they arrested three men yesterday