Explanar thoughts?

1664louis

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to pick your brain on any explanar thoughts and experiences as im looking at buying one.
Has anyone had any long term success?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to pick your brain on any explanar thoughts and experiences as im looking at buying one.
Has anyone had any long term success?

I wouldn't
1. You cant hit balls with it
2. I've seen people use it and 2 minutes later, they're hitting balls with no change to their swing
3. It's expensive
4. Where would you keep it?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Doesn't seem good value for money (or space requirement) to me - though obviously depends on price and space available.

Might be useful to occasionally use one at a Driving Range but there's no substitute for seeing the ball flight imo.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I dont quite understand how they can work as the golf swing does not rotate on a single plane. It seems to me that learning to rotate this was will teach you a faulty swing. Or, maybe I am too lazy to find out how it really works ;)

1664louis

Club Champion
Visit site
I was thinking for someone how learns by feel, for long term use in garage cant be a bad thing.

I personally have had lessons from a number of pro's all teaching different things, trying to give quick fixes rather then getting to the root of the problem. Ive also read a number of well recommended books and still cant seem to grasp it.

and for the cost of a new set of clubs i would rather have a swing i can call upon by feel rather then millions of swing thoughts in my mind.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Neither of my old pros would let me use the one they own (which is gathering moss out the end of the bays).

I think that says it all.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've used one but never really felt the benefit. I felt the correct path with the heavy roller attachment but it bore no semblance to swinging a lighter club and making a proper shot. Even the pro that installed it and is a gadget freak doesn't use it anymore

A

Alex1975

I had a big issue with it. I found that if you put your hands in the wrong place then it is doing nothing, you can still go up and down but you are ingraining the wrong thing. For me it was just not a good toy.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only ever seen these things gathering moss. The old pro at my dad's club put one in and he's since left and left it behind, think that says it all really.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I dont quite understand how they can work as the golf swing does not rotate on a single plane. It seems to me that learning to rotate this was will teach you a faulty swing. Or, maybe I am too lazy to find out how it really works ;)

From the Explanar site itself:

The most common concern that people have about Explanar is that it teaches a constant, single-plane movement. Can I put your mind at rest? Explanar does simulate a mild “Plane Shift; for that very reason Explanar has the versatility to compliment almost any style or method in golf today

Also from the site, it has a lot of heavy hitters endorsing it. I guess with any training aid, it works for some and not for others.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
From the Explanar site itself:

The most common concern that people have about Explanar is that it teaches a constant, single-plane movement. Can I put your mind at rest? Explanar does simulate a mild “Plane Shift; for that very reason Explanar has the versatility to compliment almost any style or method in golf today

Also from the site, it has a lot of heavy hitters endorsing it. I guess with any training aid, it works for some and not for others.

I guess they would say something like that. Guess I will have to go and look at it then.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
OK, just looked at some of the videos on their site. I have to say that now having seen it I must admit, It really is

A pile of old <enter a very rude word here>

Last edited: