ESR

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
Cheers Rosie.

My wife got a 2.8 cut last Tuesday in the Autumn medal and has now just had a 1.6 cut in the September stableford. She then had a handicap notification from HDID with a new handicap 2 less than the result sheet. So she's lost 6.4 from her H'cap in a week, and thinks its to much.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
So she shot 7 under her handicap and got cut nearly 3, then 4 below that.

Apart from being on a great streak, the handicap now seems hat she is playing to! So there's actually a few shots of 'buffer' before the handicap is too low imo.

Remember tht the handicap is not what you should be playing to all the time. At that level and on a 'standard' course (SSS=Par), somewhere between 28 and 33 points, with and occasional 37 or 38 is the expectation. That;s why a single good score is worth 4 , or even 8 poor ones!

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers Rosie.

My wife got a 2.8 cut last Tuesday in the Autumn medal and has now just had a 1.6 cut in the September stableford. She then had a handicap notification from HDID with a new handicap 2 less than the result sheet. So she's lost 6.4 from her H'cap in a week, and thinks its to much.

What you need to remember is that ESR is in addition to the cut the competition provokes, so the competition sets the normal cut, then the ESR recommendation comes into play and is than applied after competition is finalised - assuming the recommendation is accepted.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers Rosie.

Shes obviously a lot better than you.:D