Equipment junkies

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23270

One of the replies in my tongue in cheek 3 putt thread got me thinking about extra bits of kit we accumulate. I have 4 putters and 3 3woods. Buy new ones but don't seem to move on the old ones.

What excess bits of kit have you got stashed away and does it ever get used?

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve got 5 sets of irons. One crappy set of Wilsons I kept for visitors the other 4 are my various Mizunos.

This year I’ve gone back to using my MP-68 blades that have been gathering dust for a long time. Realistically I won’t score as well in the long run but they’re a lot more fun to play with.

I really should get rid of them but they’re too lovely.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Most of what I've got in the cupboard is virtually worthless..
Nobody wants a very 2nd hand wedge for more than a tenner and by the time I've paid any fees and wasted time posting it I may as well give it away.
I've got some shafts with the version 2 Callaway adapter on them but they don't fit anything from Epic Flash onwards so little market for those either..
Anything half decent I move on ASAP...

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Very little spare stuff in garage. I tend to move it on quickly as it only depreciates further, and I don't want any distractions or temptations to tinker with the bag too much.

I've only had 3 putters in the 30 years I've been playing. Current putter has been in the bag since 2010.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
For the last few years I've got into the habit of one in, one out. I sold 2 old putters last week and so all that is left is the odd club that i began with and is really quite worthless. I'd give the bits away but I'm not sure anyone would want them, a bit like @Imurg in post 3. Do charity shops still take them or is it a tip job?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
For the last few years I've got into the habit of one in, one out. I sold 2 old putters last week and so all that is left is the odd club that i began with and is really quite worthless. I'd give the bits away but I'm not sure anyone would want them, a bit like @Imurg in post 3. Do charity shops still take them or is it a tip job?

Local charity shop here often has golf equipment

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Got 4 putters but the one thing I have way too many of is golf balls. Got boxes of premium balls and carrier bags full of premium balls and more than even I could ever lose. I've already given so many to our juniors and to a local school.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Am generally not too bad at moving on most clubs, except for the MP-60s which I hang onto.
Putters though, I never seem to move on.

babylonsinger

Visit site
More tees than I'll ever realistically need. Probably the same story with balls. 3 or 4 putters although I do tend to rotate 3 of them.

Probably answer this differently next year as I find myself trawling ebay and other second hand sales sites more and more.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Every club I've replaced over the years I've sold on eBay. The only exceptions are ones not worth selling, of which there are two or three. Also the 5 & 6 irons from my set are in the cupboard as well of course. I would have sold my old Odyssey but my missus decided she liked it so that's in her bag now.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Retired club junkie.

My bag is alot more settled now. Its actually quite rare for a big change in it.

I've tried pretty much every type of club, loft and flex.

Still have buckets of clubs sitting in the garage. Quite a few get taken to the range. Others get lent out to friends and family from time to time. Some wont see the golf course again.

Can never have too many putters. :)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don’t tend to try to move clubs on, just keep an ear out for people wanting things. The latest was a Callaway hybrid that I suggested my mate try. He gave me the money for it after hitting one punch out from trees ?

Current spares are (I think)

Nike and Titleist drivers
Titleist and Callaway 3 woods
3 vokeys
TM and Odyssey putters
john letters 7 iron with a lead better grip on
Mizuno 3 iron
And a few driver and 3 wood shafts from my experimenting!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
3 sets of (Miura forged) McGregors. A serious number of Bettinardi putters and a combo Tourstage US Blade/CB set. Several Adams XTD and a few Spedline Tech Drivers!
Oh, and those are the spares!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I can't make a list. No beginning and no end. Or so it seems to me.
I have a problem.
Probably need counselling or something.
I didn't use to be so bad.
I might try and blame someone or something else.