England Golf Membership Card

Swango1980

Visit site
A member has contacted me saying he contacted England Golf to get a new England Golf Membership Card. They apparently said they have to do it through his club.

Does this sound right, and if so what is his club meant to do? I have an old England Golf card, but wasnt sure they still did them

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
What's the card for and what's on it?

With WHS we had to "re-register" on England Golf, and we needed our CDH to do so if I recall - might that be the ask from the club?

Swango1980

Visit site
What's the card for and what's on it?

With WHS we had to "re-register" on England Golf, and we needed our CDH to do so if I recall - might that be the ask from the club?
No idea what card was for. The old one I had was useful simply as it had my CDH number on it, which just meant I had easy access to it if anyone ever asked at an Open.

Perhaps he just wants his CDH number again, but his email sounds like he wants an actual membership card so just checking if I am missing anything. His words were:

"When I joined the club you kindly pointed out that the England Golf reference number I had on my card was incorrect and signed me up on the correct one.
Now that we are getting back to ( something approaching) normal I asked England Golf if they could supply me with a new membership card with the correct information. They replied that I have to do this through my home club"

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Would have thought England Golf are doing everything through their website and app these days. Surprised they didn't point him at those.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Originally the cards were plastic credit card size but they stopped issuing those some years ago. Latterly they could be printed onto card or paper from the website. Currently ???

Swango1980

Visit site
So, am I right in thinking this members email is as puzzling to others as it is to me. I'll email.him his CDH to see if that helps, but it sounds like his summary of his communication to England Golf is a little mixed up

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I must admit, I can't see any mention of membership cards on the website. I've been into my account, nothing there. I guess they assume everyone has the app and can get their CDH ID from there. Open tournament officials have easy access to all players records.

Last edited: