Effingham GC

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played there once a long time ago - invited by the Director of the department I worked in (ie my boss's boss's boss). Spent all my time wondering why the heck he wanted me there so didn't pay that much attention to the course. But I remember it was quite nice.

Ps. I got a nice promotion out of it ...

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Fabulous track usually in great condition. If I still lived in Surrey, I would have been playing in it. They hosted the Surrey Mid-Age there a few years back and a superb job making everyone feel really welcome.
The views from the top of course (14/15) are superb.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the replies lads.
£53.00 entry fee includes coffee on arrival, 18 holes and a buffet lunch. Great value for money considering the "standard" midweek green fee is usually £110.00.
Checking out Golf Empire for more gems!!

Visit site
Played there once a long time ago - invited by the Director of the department I worked in (ie my boss's boss's boss). Spent all my time wondering why the heck he wanted me there so didn't pay that much attention to the course. But I remember it was quite nice.

Ps. I got a nice promotion out of it ...

5 foot gimmees are a wonderful thing aren't they :p

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Have put my name down for the Seniors Open at Effingham GC.
Never played there before.
What's it like???
????
Decent course, nice clubhouse, former Open winner as pro @1970..
I played behind Neil Coles in the 1970 [or 69] Surrey Open held there, he congratulated me on a nice eagle going out.
Level par after 13 in the first round, got excited, and bogeyed the last five easyish holes.:love:

Anyone else notice that I managed to morph Effingham and Leatherhead together there.
Its an age thing.:love: after all it was 52 years ago.

Last edited: