Edinburgh courses

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m looking to play a course in Edinburgh or nearby on Friday or Saturday morning. Is it easy booking a tee time on a Saturday morning? Preferably a club that rent electric trolleys or even manual ones. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Cheers Nick

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I’m looking to play a course in Edinburgh or nearby on Friday or Saturday morning. Is it easy booking a tee time on a Saturday morning? Preferably a club that rent electric trolleys or even manual ones. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Cheers Nick

I imagine a Saturday morning severely limits your options to resort venues or venues with multiple courses.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Friday mornings shouldn't be a problem at most courses in and around Edinburgh.
Saturdays, try Dalmahoy or Deer Park , both golf country clubs,

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I’ve got a game with a mate at Glenbervie on Saturday morning. Cheers.

Not exactly 'in or around Edinburgh' - it was deemed 'central' for the annual match between for Edinburgh and Glasgow parts of RBS Golf Club!

As DCB posted though, really nice - and fairly typical James Braid - course. Especially memorable final hole!

DCB

Visit site
I often say to visitors that The Braids is the course to play, one of the 6 muni courses still on the go in the City , but, it is a fair test of golf and you get some stunning views across the City when playing it.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I often say to visitors that The Braids is the course to play, one of the 6 muni courses still on the go in the City , but, it is a fair test of golf and you get some stunning views across the City when playing it.

Again, total agreement with highlighted bit!

Some truly 'unique' holes - that are actually a joy to play! Some blind shots and lots of slopes and elevation changes, but that's part of the fun - as long as you know the 'danger'. A 'forecaddie' on one of the early back 9 holes (10?) can avoid balls being 'lost' - but maybe offered for 're-purchase' - at certain times!