Easy to hit 3 wood that isnt too big

MarkA

Head Pro
Visit site
Ive got a 910F with a stiff Rip shaft and we just arent getting on - when I hit it well its great but Im just not consistent enough with it. Can any body recommend an easy to hit 3 wood good of the deck and tee which is the size of a small frying pan!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
ive got two burner 3 woods, one is a 08 burner in a reg shaft, one is a superfast burner in a stiff. both are stupidly easy to hit, the superfast being the easier of the two.

both 3w's were my go to clubs on bad days when the driver wasnt behaving, but i have treated myself to a amp 3w to match driver and hybrid so both are looking for new homes.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i find my 910f quite easy to hit compared to other 3 woods.

saying that i have a much softer shaft, a regular flex diamana with a mid kick point. I find i need softer shafts in my fairway woods compared what i have in my driver.

Maybe you could try a regular flex standard shaft, there are plenty on ebay.. for not much £

Failing that ping woods are pretty easy to hit so im told.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Cleveland Launcher.
2009 version or 2010 DST or the newer FL.
Easy Peasy...
To be honest small 3 woods are not generally easy to hit.

MarkA

Head Pro
Visit site
What do you play off Mark?

Hi m off 17
I have a 910 D2 driver with a stiff RIP shaft in which I love but I really struggle for consistency with my 3 wood particularly off the fairway - I sppose what Im looking or is something that I dont have to think about when I hit it. Im really not a fan of big headed fairways I just dont see how you can get a good connection on tighter lies. similarly id rather use an iron than a hybrid

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ive got a 910F with a stiff Rip shaft and we just arent getting on - when I hit it well its great but Im just not consistent enough with it. Can any body recommend an easy to hit 3 wood good of the deck and tee which is the size of a small frying pan!

I use a both 3 and 5 Burner fairway woods, 2007 models with stock stiff shafts. Very nice clubs which is why I kept hold of them. Infact I've gone back to the driver from the same year now as well because I havent found anything that can better them.....yet.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I use a both 3 and 5 Burner fairway woods, 2007 models with stock stiff shafts. Very nice clubs which is why I kept hold of them. Infact I've gone back to the driver from the same year now as well because I havent found anything that can better them.....yet.

Is the right answer. I've recently experimented with the RBZ, but imo, these are miles easier to hit.

D

Deleted Member 1156

You don't get much easier clubs to hit than the MD Superstrong Fairways currently at £39.99 from Dunluce Golf

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MD-GO...re_Golf_GolfClubs_JN&var=&hash=item5d330ff718

This is the previous model but I was going to recommend MD anyway. I have the current model 3 wood in my bag and it is excellent. Looks very similar to the Titleist 910, excellent shaft and very reasonably priced.

I'd certainly consider trying one at the very least :thup:

mickn

Visit site
ive got two burner 3 woods, one is a 08 burner in a reg shaft, one is a superfast burner in a stiff. both are stupidly easy to hit, the superfast being the easier of the two.

both 3w's were my go to clubs on bad days when the driver wasnt behaving, but i have treated myself to a amp 3w to match driver and hybrid so both are looking for new homes.

I would definitely agree with this. Before Xmas I wouldn't have dreamed of using fairway woods as I just couldn't get on with them. I was then persuaded to try these at the range and I really haven't looked back since. I have the 3 and 5 Burner Superfast and find them very easy to use.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i had a go with an Adams 3 wood the other day smallish head easy enough to hit off the deck.

only downside was the head was silver, that was the only thing stopping me buying it;)

T

thecraw

i had a go with an Adams 3 wood the other day smallish head easy enough to hit off the deck.

only downside was the head was silver, that was the only thing stopping me buying it, oh and it didn't say Mizuno on it;)

Fixed that for you mate.