East Ireland Golf Trip

Meeksy1

Visit site
Hi. We are also planning a golf trip to East Ireland and again plan to play 4 courses. Which 4 should we go for? Thinking Royal County Down, Portmarnoch, The European Club and one other. Should we go for County Louth, The Island or Royal Dublin.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi. We are also planning a golf trip to East Ireland and again plan to play 4 courses. Which 4 should we go for? Thinking Royal County Down, Portmarnoch, The European Club and one other. Should we go for County Louth, The Island or Royal Dublin.

The Island would be my personal favourite out of them closely followed by Co Louth, but nothing between them really and many other people will say it the other way round but you will not go wrong whichever you chose!

Both are far superior courses to Royal Dublin

Meeksy1

Visit site
The Island would be my personal favourite out of them closely followed by Co Louth, but nothing between them really and many other people will say it the other way round but you will not go wrong whichever you chose!

Both are far superior courses to Royal Dublin
Cheers for that mate. I’ll rule out Royal Dublin and make a call on the other two. Thanks.

D

Deleted Member 1156

The Island for me but not much between it and CL (Baltray).

Throwing in a curve ball, Portmarnock links hotel course is great too.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Island and Baltray are both fantastic. I like Royal Dublin, and saw some Irish Opens there in the 80s and enjoyed it when I played it. Not an essential, but I would put it ahead of Portmarnock Hotel Links.

RCD is a sell-a-kidney must play, Portmarnock is fantastic. Never played The European Club, though it served Paddy H well as an Open warm up for a few years.

Meeksy1

Visit site
The Island and Baltray are both fantastic. I like Royal Dublin, and saw some Irish Opens there in the 80s and enjoyed it when I played it. Not an essential, but I would put it ahead of Portmarnock Hotel Links.

RCD is a sell-a-kidney must play, Portmarnock is fantastic. Never played The European Club, though it served Paddy H well as an Open warm up for a few years.
I’ve played RCD twice before. I agree, it’s absolutely superb. Defo going to play Portmarnock and The European Club. Toss up between The Island and County Louth although The Island is just ahead on rankings and folk on here are going for it more. Might just need to play both :)

D

Deleted member 21258

The European club, a cracking course and welcome by the owner. Would like to go back to. Hard but fun. Views along the coast holes beautiful and a couple of extra holes to play (if open)

Mount juliet is fairly east IIRC, a superb parkland course and best buffet breakfast ever in the hotel.