Dumbarnie Links

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Played it, loved it. Well worth it if you can afford it IMO.

I believe the Scottish resident green fee drops to £85 next month which might make it more palatable to some.
Even at £85 is a bit much, is it me or has fees gone up recently across the board

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Even at £85 is a bit much, is it me or has fees gone up recently across the board
i thinks its just you, all these courses that attract overseas players are overpriced, buy the look of things, £85 isn't bad comp to the almost £300 they will want once things get back to normal.

everyone i know thats played it says its good, i was supposed to be playing it when it opened as a guest of VS, but postp till next year.

in the context of other courses £85 com to what trump Aberdeen wanted to go back in march like last year was £130..the reason we didn't go back;)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Front 9 is tremendous. Back 9 IMO nowhere near as good - 15-18 a bit of an anticlimax. Couple of stupid holes, and a couple of very average ones make up the last four.

Front 9 is excellent can't say a bad word about it.

Modern links creation but I'd take Royal Aberdeen or Royal Troon over it every day if I had the choice however that's more a personalized choice and an indication of where my head is at with course design.

Go and play it you will enjoy it that is not up for debate.

barnacle

Visit site
Hello again. Played it twice now, it's pretty decent and good value considering Newbattle want £60 at the weekend! Front 9 is very good, back 9 not so good.

It's not in the same category as Kingsbarns though.

D

Deleted member 17920

Hello again. Played it twice now, it's pretty decent and good value considering Newbattle want £60 at the weekend! Front 9 is very good, back 9 not so good.

It's not in the same category as Kingsbarns though.
Your the 1st person I have heard that thought kingsbarns is better than Dunbarnie.

I really need to play kingsbarns at some stage.

Played Dunbarnie twice and really enjoyed it. It’s very scoreable and set up for a friendly golf experience

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Your the 1st person I have heard that thought kingsbarns is better than Dunbarnie.

I really need to play kingsbarns at some stage.

Played Dunbarnie twice and really enjoyed it. It’s very scoreable and set up for a friendly golf experience

Personally I don't think it lives up to the hype - back nine was considerably "poorer" in my opinion.