DST Compressor

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Excuse my ramblings however i just thought i would post about these contraptions. I have noticed a few on here have recently purchased one myself

First had a shot of Bluewolf's last week for a dozen or so shots down the range and was intrigued enough to get one myself.

I know that on my (rare) days of hitting the ball well, i can put a very good contact on a ball and really get it out there. However i can send a ball far to high and can suffer hooks or really high fades. Even on a good strike more often than not the ball goes very high and i would say higher than any other player i have played with, or seen at the range etc.

Anyway i bought one, just to see if the purchase could help me achieve the sublime levels of contact of bluey was putting on his Mp4's...:D

I have now probably hit 200 balls using the device and mixed this up with my normal irons. At first i was content with small chip or bum shots only trying to get them straight (difficult task initially). I then progressed onto full shots and again concentrated on just hitting straight with no fats or bad contacts. Took me a while of trial and error and i managed to start getting a bit of momentum.

I found that having my hands in that forward position at address, really helped me "feel" that i was not so flat in my back swing (particular problem i have). It also helped me to stop needing to be so handsy at takeaway and a lot more shoulder turn was happening.

The balls strikes almost instantly improved for both the DST and my normal irons, much much straighter but the lacked the fizz that i know i can put on a ball.

Anyway a bit of trial and error and i figured out i was not really turning my hips back to the target on impact and was still using my hands more than my body. OS i changed this

and boom

Yesterday saw me hit ball after ball as good as i know i can do. Seriously crunching the ball of the mat's with minimal effort really. Shoulders back and hips through simples.

Its very early days granted but i am seriously impressed. The DST has managed to almost maneuver me into the positions i have been in the past and that i know work, yet have been unable to replicate easily. Dare i say it might have helped reduce my handily inside swing path a little? no idea until i see it on screen, however it just "feels" that i am in a much better place and the subsequent downswing just "feels" so much easier to achieve.

I dont necessarily think it will train anything new, more that it may help me find the positions that i already knew about that were difficult to replicate.

Might be a good purchase this i think (hope)

Last edited:

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got the same issues, how does it translate to shots with the woods and hybrids, I hit it real high and its the flippy hands that cause this I'm told.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
i love mine but have always compressed the ball well so dont really have a problem hitting it good.

However, a friend of mine off of +1 who adds loft to his irons at address and through impact could not hit it for all of the tea in china. he was shanking it, thinning it etc.

It really showed to me how good it is.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a go with Danny's and hooked the pants out of it. I can see how it grooves a good impact position, but like most aids, you need to practise a lot with it .

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got the same issues, how does it translate to shots with the woods and hybrids, I hit it real high and its the flippy hands that cause this I'm told.

Not sure as yet, as i have only really hit my irons, wedges and a few hybrids. Mendie could probably offer a more credible answer than I

Going again tonight and will give the big dog a dink.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Considering treating myself to one of these. Feel I'm currently sweeping the ball with irons rather than compressing...will it help with that issue?

As a caveat i am not at all qualified to say yes or no i suppose. However i bought it to help me hit down and take a divot as i sweep normally. Will see if it translates onto the course next time i play.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Right

Had my third range session today whilst using the DST and my entire bag pretty much

Honestly

This is really helping me. Really, really helping me.

My thoughts are that i "feel" i get much less inside on the back swing and this puts me i a position at the top of the swing that makes my down swing feel far less manipulated than before.

Also i think that because i am getting in better positions, i can really use my body as the pivot and not my hands. In turn i feel that i "can" be much better connected through out.

I have been hitting my irons and hybrids superbly (at the range...) tonight again.

I think i have a lot to do to ensure that i am in a good impact position however and will be working on this over the next while.

I did also hit plenty with the big stick and again. I was really getting hold of it.

Proof is in the pudding and i am really itching to see if i can continue this at the course. I will say though that my pro did comment in passing that i looked to be producing a better looking swing.

Cracking bit of kit. It might just be the placebo effect? but i dont care. cracking purchase.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I reckon I could do one of these as I've always been a bit of a sweeper but know I need to get down into the ball a bit more.
Ive got to say though the price is putting me off.

Ive got a few old irons in the garage, I might get the Blowtorch out and work some engineering magic..

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I reckon I could do one of these as I've always been a bit of a sweeper but know I need to get down into the ball a bit more.

Ive got a few old irons in the garage, I might get the Blowtorch out and work some engineering magic..

Sort me one out as well ;)

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Its working for me pal. You know how high i hit the ball and this thing is helping trajectory and direction no end.

When you next at Chilli dip? feel free to have a bash to make sure if you like.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been impressed with mine. I've used the Compressor in a lesson, but won a CR-10 in a Twitter comp a few weeks back and been equally impressed with it. Not had chance to get to the range much recently, but definitely a very valuable training aid and one I will be getting plenty of use out of.