Driving!!!

Bert

Club Champion
Visit site
I know the answer will be get a lesson…. My question is I can hit my 7 iron 160/165 yards but my driver goes no more than 200/200 my ball speed is way down where is should be. Any ideas?

Jason.H

Visit site
My 7 iron is 150, my driver I carry 215. I have 12 degree loft with regular shaft. Is your driver suited to your swing speed?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If you're hitting down on the ball you'll be putting too much spin on it and will be losing distance that way
Loft could be too low
Shaft could be too stiff and/or heavy
And there will be more than that....

D

Deleted member 23270

How do you know your ball speed is down? More likely it is a setup or carry issue.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I know the answer will be get a lesson…. My question is I can hit my 7 iron 160/165 yards but my driver goes no more than 200/200 my ball speed is way down where is should be. Any ideas?

You know the answer! Hard to be precise without seeing the swing but I'd suggest angle of attack is down, and too much spin. You are probably chasing distance and swaying and not turning correctly which will rob you of speed and distance

D

Deleted member 23270

Because my ball speed used to be around 25mph faster.
If you can hit a 7 iron 165 yards but a driver only 200 then the problem is clearly technique or a seriously badly fitted driver. The issue is not ball speed.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
I think you already know the answer. I think if you really want to improve get lessons of a professional that can relate to you. You could get a 100 answers off this thread but without seeing you hit the ball nobody can really help you.