Driver swing part 3 week 3

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wow. That front foot. I just can't get over it!

What I would say is that you're playing to a very good level and the swing you have is a series of compensations (true for everyone bar Adam Scott probably!). If you start changing one thing it'll impact another, this is better done with professional help imo. I went through some pretty big swing changes and they took the best part of a year to bed in, during which time my handicap went North. I'm just feeling like I own my swing again, which is a better swing than I had before, but it was a lot of pain getting here.

Fair play is you're knocking on the door of Cat 1 and decide its time to change, I get it, but be prepared for a slog while these changes youre making become natural

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That rehearsal is a bit like Billy Horschel and Michelle Wie. Although according to Henni Zuel Michelle Wie's takeaway is due to David Leadbetter's A swing.
I'm certainly no expert with my handicapp, but it looks like that drill is to keep the clubhead outside the hands to promote a more on plane, rounded swing

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It's Monday again and the swing fix winter mission.

The last 3 swings after a break for some chipping and pitching, it felt I had it slightly more upright #Neck #Posture and felt less aggressive

I've just watched the last 3 shots, I dont know if you were thinking about something different but the transition was much better.
Good job

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i'm no swing expert, but your left foot moving during your swing can't be a good thing surely?

are you having lessons with a pro?

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not Qualified to speak too much on swing but do you like the Zepp device. I had the swingpro which I loved for tempo but it's now broke.

Does Zepp work for putting? really just tempo would be what I was looking for

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
No offence, but I'm really surprised you've said that. If the backswing is correct, it means that there will be less compensations to make.

With respect, Jim Furyk and Jeev Milkah Singh hardly have model back swings. Yet they do well.

If it's not drastically wrong, I'd leave alone too.

I know I've tried with my own and my pro was happy to leave alone.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
71% fairways and straight as a die at the forest today, swung it like my last 3 drives Monday and felt solid #ArrowStraight

I don't expect to swing it like Adam Scott and just happy I've stopped the sling already! The long game has never been an issue. Its the chipping over rough ground that costs me 6-10 shots a round.

Next mission #OneHandedChipping right hand only 🤔 #AnxietyIssues

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Not Qualified to speak too much on swing but do you like the Zepp device. I had the swingpro which I loved for tempo but it's now broke.

Does Zepp work for putting? really just tempo would be what I was looking for

It's ok I wouldn't buy it again and offers nothing for putting. Not sure about zepp2 tho