Driver sound.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Never really thought about the sound of the shot off the driver before, my mate just got a new ping , the sound is like that of a comedy cowboy from a film spitting into a spittoon. He hits it well, but the sound is very off putting. My M2 doesn't really make a sound. What's the sound like off your driver and does the sound matter to you?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Everyone says that about the G425. I've never hit one or been in the vicinity of one being hit so I've no idea. I know the G410 I have doesn't have that problem.

Generally I think if my driver was getting good distance and hitting fairways I don't think I'd care too much about the sound. I did have a driver that had an awful tinny sound (a Yonex Nanospeed) but I replaced it for multiple reasons aside from that, and then sold it to my dad for 40 quid. He still uses it so I still get to hear it, ha.

RichA

Visit site
My M2 sounds like a shotgun being fired.
The difference between a Supersoft ball and ProV1 is massive though. Depends what I've found recently.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've used multiple diff balls on my m2/ mark1 and never really noticed what sound it makes tbh, I can sort of feel it when I get one out the middle, which I've been doing a fair bit recently, but never noticed any sound as such

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The Cobra drivers from the Square era were the worst. The G10 as well if I remember...
In a driving range you needed ear plugs or you could seriously damage your hearing
The 425 is horrible to listen to.
Lots of people say looks and sound don't matter - and if it doesn't then that's great..
But I couldn't listen to that noise every time I used it.
Sadly Fragger has one and he will use it 13 times in a round......o_O

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played with someone recently who had a G425 driver, at first I thought it was broken. It’s an awful sound and I wouldn’t buy one as it would put me off.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played with someone recently who had a G425 driver, at first I thought it was broken. It’s an awful sound and I wouldn’t buy one as it would put me off.
How would it put you off?
You have already hit the ball before you hear any noise!

I must admit I don’t take any notice of the sound a club makes and if it hits it 250yds down the fairway I would play a teapot on a stick.
I have a G425 and I havnt noticed any difference in sound to anyone else’s driver, or had any comments about mine.
But I might be tone deaf.:D

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
How would it put you off?
You have already hit the ball before you hear any noise!

I must admit I don’t take any notice of the sound a club makes and if it hits it 250yds down the fairway I would play a teapot on a stick.
I have a G425 and I havnt noticed any difference in sound to anyone else’s driver, or had any comments about mine.
But I might be tone deaf.:D
Its the expectation of the horrendous noise....it means you may back off from hitting it full on...