Driver shaft recommendation please

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know they're all a personal thing and work with some heads and not others etc but just looking at some to try out. As I broke mine the other week I had a driver fitting and was recommended a light stiff or a firmer regular as I'm right in between stiff and regular. Also a low kick point as I have a lower launch and this was another recommendation. My current drivers are both callaways Imix shaft adapters so prob looking for an older version that I can get in the imix.

Hopefully just a short term project as I save for the new driver!!

Many thanks

Richard

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
I know they're all a personal thing and work with some heads and not others etc but just looking at some to try out. As I broke mine the other week I had a driver fitting and was recommended a light stiff or a firmer regular as I'm right in between stiff and regular. Also a low kick point as I have a lower launch and this was another recommendation. My current drivers are both callaways Imix shaft adapters so prob looking for an older version that I can get in the imix.

Hopefully just a short term project as I save for the new driver!!

Many thanks

Richard

Minefield.....if you’re saving for another one then, if I were you, I wouldn’t bother. No disrespect but it all sounds too technical for me especially at your HC.
If you go for a new one try find a good club fitter with an array of shafts.

I'm sure someone else will reply differently.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know what you mean I was just looking at picking up a cheap short term solution from evilbay or something. If I can grab one at £20 it's no big dent in the £250 for the G30!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not a busting amount of i-mix around these days...
You'll do well to pick up anything half decent for less than about 30-40 notes...
Aldila NVS more ght be a shaft for you but most want more than £20 for them.
Either buy a cheap whole driver or save your more ney for the real thing.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No shaft is going to make you magically launch it way onto the air.

Tee the ball up in your stance, tee it up high, hit it on the up and your ball will launch much higher. A shaft will only help a touch.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Indeed a bit of a minefield! Especially with Imix.

I was going to mention the NVS but normally found at 65gm, so not 'light'. Make sure it's not the NV - no 'S' - though as that's a low launch shaft. Aldila Prototype (blue) might also be suitable but also not 'light'.

ProLaunch Blue might suit too - pretty cheap, even when new! Again, 65gm (well 64 really) so not light. Definitely high launch!

Matrix Radix 5 or Miyazaki 49s would be possibilities in light Stiff ones.

Could indeed be simpler to find a cheap 'whole club' though. Why go the G30 way btw? Very little improvement on the G25 which is a whole lot cheaper!

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had a look for the prolaunch blue funnily enough. Had one in my old MD hybrid great shaft. A regular in 65 may be a good option.

A) I don't expect it to be a miracle cure just a little extra help getting it up there.
B) My fitting got me down to the G30 and TM Jetspeed. They didn't have a G25 as would def have gave it a bash.
C) a bit of fun experiment!

So I'll keep looking for a light stiff or a heavier regular with a low kick point!

Thanks for all the info.