Driver Problem

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Over the last few round i've noticed i'm hitting a straight block right with the driver it doesn't cut it just goes straight, but when i use my 3 wood from the tee i get a nice draw anyone any ideas.

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive got the same problem and but to stop it happening i try and get my weight forward through the follow through. Have you got different flexes on your driver and 3 wood? maybe your driver shaft is too stiff for you. Hope this helps.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you draw the 3 wood and block the driver, then you have a nice inside approach, which is good. But you are not squaring the driver face to the target line (although possibly to the swing path).

Perhaps you could move the ball an inch or two forward in your driver stance?

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I reckon you should just "tweak" your grip a little strong and experiment until you hook them. Or, take your driver to a range (with the right height tee) and between each shot, do about 5 reps of really whipping the right hand over the left....maybe even some split hands drill.

On 4 tees today, I did 2 or 3 split hand drills with my driver and then ripped it down the middle.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the tips guys will give them ago during the week and let you no how i get on

Off your h'cap I think you'll fix it quickly. :)

When I was a habitual draw/hook player, I pushed my driver rather a lot, I think it's probably the most common problem amongst decent players (unless you're a fader).

Just out of interest.....with your irons, what's the bad shot? (if there is a pattern).

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Move the ball in line with your big toe. As the driver is longer it will allow it to close a bit more on the way through and hopefully the block will go straight away. It worked great for me.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
An update on my driver problem ,well i think i've cured it ,went to the practise strip at my place for a couple of hours yesterday and driver after driver , imoved the ball around 2 inches forward in my stance and kept the head down longer and swung through it completing the follow thru well it worked played today and was round in 77 ,6 over so well pleased and not one block most were straight the rest had a slight draw.
Happy Days thanks for the advice guys hopefully it lasts tomorrow as well , for the start of the winter league. :cool: