Driver Help

spawn_ukuk

Tour Rookie
Visit site
For a long time now Ive been doing fairly well with the driver averaging 220 - 240 yards generally straight with the odd not so good drive.

Last few weeks i cant hit the ball with the driver. Severe thin shots, Huge slices and generally terrible drives

I dont know whats happening and i dont know how to fix it, because several driving ranges sessions have done nothing to help.

My driver is a burner superfast and i have a slightly flat driving swing, it (used) to help me keep it straight

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Have you made any changes to things like your ball position (Moving it forward) or your grip (Weaker)?

I suffered from something similar a while back, pretty much as you describe. I moved my ball position back, not much at all, probably a ball width or two, and the difference is night and day.

I'm not saying this is the problem, only that it helped me out.

I hope the fairway woods are behaving themselves! :thup:

spawn_ukuk

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Have you made any changes to things like your ball position (Moving it forward) or your grip (Weaker)?

I suffered from something similar a while back, pretty much as you describe. I moved my ball position back, not much at all, probably a ball width or two, and the difference is night and day.

I'm not saying this is the problem, only that it helped me out.

I hope the fairway woods are behaving themselves! :thup:

Not changed anything as far as i know, the fairway wood doing quite well its rescued me alot right now

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Try shortening your swing maybe? Helped me when I went to see a pro, he said I was taking the club way too far back so losing all control over it on the way back through. I am no expert mind, probably shouldn't hang around this part of the forum...

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
You are probably not keeping the old noggin down, easy to slip into. Try to concentrate on seeing the club face hit the ball. It has nothing to do with the driver. If you could hit it a few weeks ago then you still can spank it. It'll be something or nothing but probably the head.

macca64

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
had the same problem, found I was trying to hit it to hard with out actually realising for a week or two,