Driver change.

bluenose66

Visit site
Been using the Titleist 983k with a regular 4560 shaft. My shape is a slight fade and have always hit this driver very well. I just feel that I'm not getting the distance, it leaves the clubface very solid and off the sweetspot, yet I'm always puzzled that my playing partners are the same distance after not such a solid hit. Maybe I'm not getting the roll like they are ? any ideas guys..... was thinking of changing to a 910 D2/D3.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Do you feel you've lost distance on what you were hitting before or just feel others are hitting it further. The first could be a swing fault if you were banging it out there. If not maybe the shaft isn't working for you. Have a chat with your club pro

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Been using the Titleist 983k with a regular 4560 shaft. My shape is a slight fade and have always hit this driver very well. I just feel that I'm not getting the distance, it leaves the clubface very solid and off the sweet spot, yet I'm always puzzled that my playing partners are the same distance after not such a solid hit. Maybe I'm not getting the roll like they are ? any ideas guys..... was thinking of changing to a 910 D2/D3.

If you are getting a good solid contact then maybe you have to accept that you are not a long hitter. I can outdrive one of my mates by a god 10 yards + with a 3W, but he stills plays off 12 and he hits the driver really well. He may not be a long hitter but he is very straight so never gets into much trouble.