Dont get this handicap stuff....

seochris

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played a shocker on Saturday's Black Isle Open scoring a gross 94....off 14 so that was a nett 80, on a SSS 71 and with an adjusted CSS of 72 that day.

Just checked if there was a handicap adjustment and the scores have been updated without any change to my handicap!

Last time i shot 20 over the card i went up at least .1!

Just dont get it at all! :mmm:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
looking at the results I don't see why you would go up.

you only played in the 1st round of the comp, and conditions were such that it was SSS+3 RO so nobody went up.

scores suggested that the conditions were slightly easier in the afternoon and the CSS was +3 but not RO.

simlples

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
looking at the results I don't see why you would go up.

you only played in the 1st round of the comp, and conditions were such that it was SSS+3 RO so nobody went up.

scores suggested that the conditions were slightly easier in the afternoon and the CSS was +3 but not RO.

simlples

that would explain it. If CSS is more than +3 it becomes reductions only so you won't go up.

To the OP, CSS can go from 1 below to 3 above SSS. If CSS works out more than +3 the comp becomes reductions only meaning no-one goes up

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ok....not sure if its relevant but had a NR a few weeks previously and went up .1.

I would have thought that they should be completely independant of each other? :mmm:

If you enter the comp and NR, you are treated as missing your buffer and go up 0.1. It has to be that way otherwise anyone having a bad day could just NR to avoid going up.

It still surprises me the number of people who don't know this. The two guys I played with on Sunday were discussing NR'ing as they were having a shocker. They were both surprised when I told them they'd get 0.1 anyway

Last edited:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
The OP says the CSS was only plus 1, so that would suggest that RO doesnt apply.

I realised that that was what was said, but assumed it was meant to read Par 71 rather than SSS 71 because -
1. the SSS from the white tees for that course is listed as 69
2. this would have to be true for the results statement of CSS 72 RO on the competition results and I have no reason to believe the computer got it wrong :)