Dog ticks

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Ave had 2 dogs and neither of them had a dog tick attached. Daughter came round yesterday with her new dog and they found an attached tick under his wide collar. After a lot of faffing about I managed to get it off and applied a nice dose of TCP. Horrible little sods they are.

RichA

Visit site
Important to get them out properly or it can cause problems. Don't pinch them, squeeze them or burn them - the stress makes them vomit into the host, releasing any nasty stuff they're carrying (Lyme disease).
Get one of these...
https://www.otom.com/en/
Our old boy picked up a few in the Lakes, years ago. Only a few days later, after getting home, that I discovered I had a few attached to me - groin and behind knees. ?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
They are grim. We have a twist tool like Rich recommends but thankfully only needed it once. I thought Barley had a skin tag near his botty but after closer inspection realised it was a tick.

We use Frontline - or rather an equivalent type of flea and tick treatment so hopefully that's keeping the blighters away.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Brads

Visit site
They aren’t that much hassle really , but my dogs all work so I’m kinda used to them
Took 250 off a spaniel once lol.
As has been said, use an otom
Don’t pinch or twist them and a clean isn’t really necessary but won’t do any harm.

Now finding one behind your bollocks in the shower after a days deer stalking , now that’s a different matter.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
They aren’t that much hassle really , but my dogs all work so I’m kinda used to them
Don’t pinch or twist them and a clean isn’t really necessary but won’t do any harm.

Now finding one behind your bollocks in the shower after a days deer stalking , now that’s a different matter.

?you did it naked ?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

??????

Was not expecting that punch line ?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

What a ball ache

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

Been there.