does golf attract idiots?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
After a round of golf at beau desert I was sat with my playing partners and another 4 ball in the bar. A conversation started about golf attracts the biggest dicks of all sports. I initially rejected this statement but then on the drive home I started to relfect.
I am involved in sports such as fishing, skydiving, body building, boxing and skiing. When I look back the majority of idiots I have met have been on a golf course. I have never walked away from a drop zone thinking " god, i'd rather die than jump with that guy again". however I have met some fantastic guys playing golf and made some life long friends but boy have I met some guys I have wanted to burry in the fairway bunkers. So, does golf attract them more than other sports?

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So, does golf attract them more than other sports?

I wouldn't say so. I'm a massive football fan but the amount of complete Morons who follow football astound me. I'd also put Rugby fans quite high up there too, I work with 7-8 rugger fans and some of the drivel they spout makes me wonder.

***that's not to say golf is without its idiots, I left a particular club because of the people.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
After a round of golf at beau desert I was sat with my playing partners and another 4 ball in the bar. A conversation started about golf attracts the biggest dicks of all sports. I initially rejected this statement but then on the drive home I started to relfect.
I am involved in sports such as fishing, skydiving, body building, boxing and skiing. When I look back the majority of idiots I have met have been on a golf course. I have never walked away from a drop zone thinking " god, i'd rather die than jump with that guy again". however I have met some fantastic guys playing golf and made some life long friends but boy have I met some guys I have wanted to burry in the fairway bunkers. So, does golf attract them more than other sports?

I don't know the answer to your question, I've met idiots in all sports I've played and at most companies I've worked for.

On an unrelated note, quite often we unintentionally form an image of someone from the posts they make, I'm now trying to imagine what a sky diving, body building, boxing, skiing, fishing golfer might look like :D

Keeno

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Golfers are the worst thing about golf :)

What makes me laugh is agressive golfers, the club throwing, swearing at a wee ball or a golf club, stomping about. Put the majority of them on a football pitch or rugby pitch and they would likely hide were the big boys to shout at them. That always makes me chuckle.

I still love the game and at my club anyway the majority are spot on. Some rockets can test your patience on a saturday morning right enough.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Maybe in golf you get to know the people a bit better because you are spending 4 hours in their company whereas in football you are not really interacting during the course of the game? Just a thought...............

Like any walk of life though, there are nice people and there are idiots.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe in golf you get to know the people a bit better because you are spending 4 hours in their company whereas in football you are not really interacting during the course of the game? Just a thought...............

Like any walk of life though, there are nice people and there are idiots.

Never thought of it that way. Coversation is a bit dry at 14,000 ft and Sitting watching a float whilst freezing your nads off

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Golf attracts a different type of idiot. The type that like to think they're better than others. Most are probably ten bob millionaires.

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I've found golf does attract idiots but at the same time there is no where to hide within the game. I love watching the idiots of the game crawl back into the hole they came from after topping there tee shot 20 yards :clap:

The game of golf sets the record straight :thup:

D

Deleted member 15344

Idiots in all walk of life - golf attracts just as many as any other sport.

All depends on your definition of idiot - someone topping it 20 yards of the tee isn't an idiot.

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Idiots in all walk of life - golf attracts just as many as any other sport.

All depends on your definition of idiot - someone topping it 20 yards of the tee isn't an idiot.

Didn't say someone who tops it 20 yards is... I said Golf is a game where no on can hide and its great to see someone who you think is an idiot top his tee shot 20 yards. After boxing for years I didn't really meet to many idiots to be honest but in the sport of boxing you get the chance to cave there face in where as golf you don't... You have to hope the game does it for you :thup:

D

Deleted member 15344

Didn't say someone who tops it 20 yards is... I said Golf is a game where no on can hide and its great to see someone who you think is an idiot top his tee shot 20 yards. After boxing for years I didn't really meet to many idiots to be honest but in the sport of boxing you get the chance to cave there face in where as golf you don't... You have to hope the game does it for you :thup:

You said you love watching idiots crawl back into the bar after toppin it off the tee 20 yards :confused:

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

As a glider pilot, I think that anybody who jumps out of a perfectly serviceable aeroplane is a complete idiot! Skydivers are known as 'meat bombs' in our sport!

Pin-seeker

Visit site

I wouldn't have bothered explaining tbh mate. Pretty obvious what you meant :thup: