Does anybody here suffer with injuries in their hands / fingers?

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
If so - what grips do you use?

Seems like golf has accelerated previous injuries I’ve sustained in the past to my fingers and hands (non golf related). Pains are now daily, often worse first thing in the morning when I wake up.

Can’t help but think I have early signs of arthritis lurking

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I have arthritis in my left thumb off and on. I changed my grips to mid size a few weeks back and, to be honest, it hasn't made any difference to the thumb at all.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If so - what grips do you use?

Seems like golf has accelerated previous injuries I’ve sustained in the past to my fingers and hands (non golf related). Pains are now daily, often worse first thing in the morning when I wake up.

Can’t help but think I have early signs of arthritis lurking
I did lot sf hammering and hitting things with bars in my job.
Have had two carpal tunnel ops and still have problems with my hands.
Went to midsize grips and imo it made it worse.
You need the correct grip that fits your hands, it’s not hard to do.
There are charts on grip manufacturers websites for the correct fit"
If it is arthritis the correct size might help.

Grizzly

Visit site
Between rugby, cricket, boxing and climbing I have broken or dislocated every joint in my fingers. Most of them crack loudly at will and three joints are definitely pre-arthritic...

I use OS grips - i have bigger hands to begin with - and it helps. Taking the pressure off your grip, particularly the injured parts, helps.

craig l

Visit site
Another option is to try "bionic golf gloves" these have been designed by a leading orthopaedic surgeon to improve comfort for golfers with hand issues.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another option is to try "bionic golf gloves" these have been designed by a leading orthopaedic surgeon to improve comfort for golfers with hand issues.
I have some of these .
They are very good but the pads do make feel a bit harder.
They do work though,
I used them for full shots and took them off for chipping.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
recently I have had the same issue in the morning, hands and fingers painful and difficult to move. Not sure if it's arthritis, but also possible I have a broken finger on the left hand, done away from golf. Currently I'm still using standard grips, but may look to change as the pain is starting to niggle now.