Doctors Surgerys

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
So I rang my doc's the other day to order a repeat prescription as I have done on the last two occasions to be told by some nasty witch that I have to, and get this, go to the security reception area downstairs and fill in a form and post it in the box in the foyer, from whence it will be brought up to the surgery to be processed. Seriously!!!!? I went bonkers and said to her that in the time it had taken for her to tell me this she could have done it on the computer, then she told me again!!!!! So I said, that again she could have...well you know. What happened to ordering online? We'e heading back to quill and bluddy ink! Utterly bonkers!

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I dare say the woman is only doing her job and that she doesn’t make the rules.

And if she does come across as a nasty witch, it’s more than likely a defence mechanism she’s had to adopt as a result of being on the end of a load of abuse from the wonderful general public time and time again.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I used to just send a letter asking for a repeat, I’m on Omaprizole for ever, pick it up from the chemist a few days later.

Nowadays it’s all on line, via the NHS app, takes seconds, pick up a few days later

Simples ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
When the doctors go on strike am joining them, at least I will then know what he looks like.

joking aside it seems to me that our drs surgery is designed to create backlogs. It’s reviews have gone downhill massively.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
A small miracle, after a lot of protesting I actually got a face-to-face male doctor's appointment, for next Tuesday :eek:.:love: but not looking forward to it.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
So I rang my doc's the other day to order a repeat prescription as I have done on the last two occasions to be told by some nasty witch that I have to, and get this, go to the security reception area downstairs and fill in a form and post it in the box in the foyer, from whence it will be brought up to the surgery to be processed. Seriously!!!!? I went bonkers and said to her that in the time it had taken for her to tell me this she could have done it on the computer, then she told me again!!!!! So I said, that again she could have...well you know. What happened to ordering online? We'e heading back to quill and bluddy ink! Utterly bonkers!
It's not an unreasonable requirement - after 2 repeats - to check whether continued repeats are appropriate or a re-assessment is appropriate/required.
Treating folk simply doing their job as 'nasty witches' is actually about as offencive as treating Tesco staff as filth - neither attitude is acceptable!

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
A small miracle, after a lot of protesting I actually got a face-to-face male doctor's appointment, for next Tuesday :eek:.:love: but not looking forward to it.
Based on some of the replies, I think I can guess what it's for.
In which case, you've made a mistake asking for a male doctor. Women's fingers are thinner.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do my repeats either online or by emailing the surgery.

However if I have not ordered some items within a set period I have to get in touch with the surgery and explain why I need them. Bit annoying when some items last a year.

I noticed on my last repeat list 2 of the items have fallen off the list.

Pre covid I used to be asked to attend regular medication review appointments but they seem to have gone by the wayside now.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think when doctors advertise for the possition of a receptionist they ask for previous experience in being a vile human being with zero empathy or understanding. I have yet to meet a pleasant one.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's not an unreasonable requirement - after 2 repeats - to check whether continued repeats are appropriate or a re-assessment is appropriate/required.
Treating folk simply doing their job as 'nasty witches' is actually about as offencive as treating Tesco staff as filth - neither attitude is acceptable!

I did not treat her as a nasty witch, just labelled her as one. MASSSIVE difference. But then you just want to start a row. Clear off elsewhere with your arguementative ways