Votes: 9 10.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
From the random irritations thread.

Don’t look it up, honest answers

Privacy settings to protect the ignorant, but Homer and GG26 don’t get that protection as they have already posted 🙄

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Used them loads of times when I had old bangers which were always giving problems with exhaust and cooling systems.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
2x jubilee clips, exhaust cement and an old baked bean tin. Exhaust fixed till the next baked bean tin is required. Must be 35 years, and 20 cars ago but I can still remember how to do it.
This reminds me of a friend whose bike silencer was on the way out and an MOT due in 2 weeks. Problem was he was a student and low on cash for the replacement. So he used Brillo pads and shoved them down it.
Unfortunately he got the ones that were coated and was followed for a few journeys by pink smoke... but it passed the MOT 👍

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I find it amazing that people really don't know what they are but hey ho if you don't you don't.

I've been doing some basic mechanical engineering down at the bowls club with people of a similar age. I was a little surprised to find one guy didn't know a whole host of basic 'tricks.' Even simple things like using an elastic band on a pair of pliers to create a basic vice to hold something when you're soldering/need a third hand.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was going to answer yes but googled it - I thought this was one!

21xPlirO3pL.jpg

Wolf

Visit site
Was a factory that made just Jubilee clips about 5mins from my first golf club..

Anyone that's done a bit of DIY on a car would have used these many a time, I doubt most people under 30 though nowadays would know. Bit like a Haynes manual not in use to the general public these days

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think many overlook the fact that they aren't called that, it's just they were the originaters...just as Hoover was the first.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was a factory that made just Jubilee clips about 5mins from my first golf club..

Anyone that's done a bit of DIY on a car would have used these many a time, I doubt most people under 30 though nowadays would know. Bit like a Haynes manual not in use to the general public these days
I still use them.....and yes, the Jezreels site:), between Rainham Road and Canterbury Street;)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Even called that "back 'ome"!

Hose connections were 'main' use there.

And I had a Haynes manual for a couple of early cars too! At least until I found out DIY ended up more expensidve than GAE (Get an Expert)!