Do you ever get the urge?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Keep it clean!!

Occasionally I'd love a game of golf but I don't miss it as much as I thought I would. I'd love a game of 5-a-side but too old for that.

But I've not took a yacht out for years, and I'd love to spend a day out on the water, preferably in a real good blow.

Your urge...?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
At the moment it’s to shave my head and accept the fact my hairline is disappearing quickly but still holding fire on that one.

D

Deleted member 18588

In line with another thread I still occasionally get the urge to have a bike again.

Nothing flash, perhaps a modern Royal Enfield or a classic British bike.

But very nearly 72 and buggered by arthritis so I don't expect it is likely to happen.

Can still dream!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
About 10 years ago sitting in the barbers chair I had a sudden urge and asked for and got a number 1 haircut.
Never again, what an odd shape head I have :eek:, seemingly it's called a double crown.:mad::(

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd quite like to give windsurfing a go again, but then I realise falling in will hurt a lot more than it used to in my 20s

Oh, and I'd love to go out for a pint in a pub...

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Some great replies.

At the moment it’s to shave my head and accept the fact my hairline is disappearing quickly but still holding fire on that one.

Do it!

In line with another thread I still occasionally get the urge to have a bike again.

Nothing flash, perhaps a modern Royal Enfield or a classic British bike.

But very nearly 72 and buggered by arthritis so I don't expect it is likely to happen.

Can still dream!

I have a hankering for a Triumph America but, like you, the arthritis stops that idea cold.

About 10 years ago sitting in the barbers chair I had a sudden urge and asked for and got a number 1 haircut.
Never again, what an odd shape head I have :eek:, seemingly it's called a double crown.:mad::(

Jeez, bad enough with hair. The thought of you without it....:sick:

A game of rugby, ever since I dislocated my knee at Uni and was told never to play again. Never going to happen

Played till I broke my neck at 34... loved the game but its an itch that never returned. Miss the banter and the lad's Saturday nights down the town.

Mandofred

Visit site
I had been congratulating myself 3-4yrs ago about having more hair than the rest of my family.....then a couple bouts of alopecia later.....no eyebrows, and the hair that was still on the head just wasn't worth keeping. Electric razor every 3 days or so. Only a few hairs on the face as well. Decision was made for me......

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I had been congratulating myself 3-4yrs ago about having more hair than the rest of my family.....then a couple bouts of alopecia later.....no eyebrows, and the hair that was still on the head just wasn't worth keeping. Electric razor every 3 days or so. Only a few hairs on the face as well. Decision was made for me......
The men in my family recede young... my brother was shaving his head by 20 years old. I’ve done well to get to 38 but the need to get rid is closing in quickly.

D

Deleted member 25172

Yeah, I’d love to drop down in the mini-ramp again or try catching a kickflip mid air down 6-7 steps again.

But now that you haven’t stood on a skateboard for the last 8 years or so you become scared of hurting yourself, so there wouldn’t be much enjoyment anyway cause I wouldn’t be able to try to do the things I used to do.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Still working at recovering from my fall...
Really want to be in a position to "scratch the urge" of playing 18...
In reality though... 9 would probably do me fine...

Not sure I am quite ready for old man's marbles just yet...

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'd love another game of cricket. Sure I could still swing a bat but the knees are feeling unwell at just the thought of keeping wicket again.

D

Deleted member 15344

Would love to have a game of hockey again

Might have a giggle during the summer at summer league

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I gave up basketball when I came to the UK. Everyone was either really really good or really really awful, no middle ground.

There is a court next to our park and I see some awful playing people on there and I think I should be better. It’s a mixed court with football and I take the little one there occasionally for a kick about. Having tried to jump up to the rim I found out that either UK rims are significantly higher or 20 years and 30 kilos make a difference to jumping ability.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ice climbing! Mountaineering, rock climbing and especially winter climbing was once my thing. At one point there was a bunch of us used to drive from London to the Highlands every other weekend to catch the best ice. But slowly gave it up as Mrs B got more & more apprehensive about me doing it. Keep seeing picture of snowy mountains and icefalls and get wistful. Would like another go up Point5 Gully on "The Ben" . Still got the gear in the loft.