Disgraceful Scenes At The Etihad

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
An absolutely great game of football,but ruined by scum in the crowd.
Man City should be made to play behind closed doors after the behaviour of some of there supporters today.
Ferdinand could have been blinded at the end,and Rooney was spat at and bombarded with thrown coins whilst trying to take a corner.
Lets hope the FA and the police have the balls to do something to stamp this out.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
An absolutely great game of football,but ruined by scum in the crowd.
Man City should be made to play behind closed doors after the behaviour of some of there supporters today.
Ferdinand could have been blinded at the end,and Rooney was spat at and bombarded with thrown coins whilst trying to take a corner.
Lets hope the FA and the police have the balls to do something to stamp this out.

The FA will do naff all as usual. It'll be a fine that City's owners will be able to pay with money found down the back of the sofa. If they got the bloke though, he could be in seriously trouble with the police.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bad stuff,time to close a stadium.

Also sad to see the game decided by another diving player.

Who dived. I watched the game and it was a clear free kick. Tevez caught his foot. It was accidental, but he still caught him. And that's from a neutral before anyone says I'm biased.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Really?

Some pairs of specs you lads had,I have seen it half a doze times and still cannot see any contact.

None of the studio guys could see it either.

Nasri deserved it to go in off him,what a coward,poor laddie was feared the ball hit him,is that no kinda what he was in the wall for?:confused:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I didn't watch a "great game of football".

I thought the referee was poor for both sides but I thought Man City got the rougher edge.

A draw would have been a fairer reflection from what I saw.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I didn't watch a "great game of football".

I thought the referee was poor for both sides but I thought Man City got the rougher edge.

A draw would have been a fairer reflection from what I saw.

What about Utd's disallowed goal before City scored their first, that wasn't offside

Fish

Banned
Visit site
What about Utd's disallowed goal before City scored their first, that wasn't offside

Human error as the linesmen doesn't have the technology to see the replay like we did on tv, or were you 100% sure without being biased? That's what makes our game so great, or should it become sterile.

What about the ref pulling back the player who beat 3 Man Utd players and was then on goal but he pulled him back for a foul which he rode? Advantage me thinks.....

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Human error as the linesmen doesn't have the technology to see the replay like we did on tv, or were you 100% sure without being biased? That's what makes our game so great, or should it become sterile.

What about the ref pulling back the player who beat 3 Man Utd players and was then on goal but he pulled him back for a foul which he rode? Advantage me thinks.....

Toure should have been let go but the Utd defense had all stopped when he broke through. If the ref hadn't blown, then the defense would possibly have intercepted before he got chance to shoot. Anyway, I'm feeling all dirty after defending the redmen. I thought it was cracking game for the neutrals.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

No I wasn't sure but it was wrong, as was the not playing advantage you mention. Frankly I don't care who won, I just don't see that City were particularly hard done by. If anyone is to blame for city's defeat it is Nasri (I think it was Nasri anyway)in the wall for the free kick, hiding behind his mate and sticking out a foot, if he does his job properly the ball gets nowhere near the goal

Fish

Banned
Visit site
No I wasn't sure but it was wrong, as was the not playing advantage you mention. Frankly I don't care who won, I just don't see that City were particularly hard done by. If anyone is to blame for city's defeat it is Nasri (I think it was Nasri anyway)in the wall for the free kick, hiding behind his mate and sticking out a foot, if he does his job properly the ball gets nowhere near the goal

Agreed, but someone also left the wall!

Yes you shouldn't stick your foot out, but is that not just a natural reaction hard to control?

I dislike both teams so in my opinion I just thought that United edged some of the decisions.

Wasn't a great game, even for the neutral IMO, for what that is worth.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Agreed, but someone also left the wall!

Yes you shouldn't stick your foot out, but is that not just a natural reaction hard to control?

It is, but if he wasn't hiding behind his mate, he wouldn't have had to.

Anyway, it seems neither of us really care anyway :D