Disapointing wash out today

Vikingman

Head Pro
Visit site
Was due to play in an open at Marple today, checked at 9:30ish and pleased to hear it had survived the over night rain and was in progress. An hour later received an email saying its been abandoned due to flooding. Was looking forward to it, bloody weather.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was due to play in an open at Marple today, checked at 9:30ish and pleased to hear it had survived the over night rain and was in progress. An hour later received an email saying its been abandoned due to flooding. Was looking forward to it, bloody weather.

Nice easy course. The greens weren't the best last time I was there though.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This year's weather has been daft. April, hot and dry as th Sahara, May downpours for a month. June was baking for two weeks and rain for two weeks. July been rubbish so far. Where is summer hiding??

HeftyHacker

Visit site
This year's weather has been daft. April, hot and dry as th Sahara, May downpours for a month. June was baking for two weeks and rain for two weeks. July been rubbish so far. Where is summer hiding??

In the north west we've had great weather for ages now. We had a bit of rain the other night (well, a lot tbf, ended up with a temp green as the 15th was flooded) but otherwise we've not really had a day of it for quite some time.

Unless my memory is failing me as I've not really left the house too often recently because of the newborn ha.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Was on the Met Office app yesterday to check forecast as I had football last night (it was correct in saying it would rain constantly during the match) and the wife asked for today's forecast as she was keen to play to continue her run of wins (she's won last two Wednesday comps) - I told her it was due to rain on Wednesday and we decided not to play - checked app again half an hour ago - weather has cleared up and it's going to be golf tonight :cool: