Did you watch Sky's coverage of Day 1 of the Masters?

Did you watch Sky's coverage of Day 1 of the Masters?

• Total voters

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Fast forward to Sunday ... "we interrupt live coverage of the final group coming up 18 tied for the lead to listen once again to Tiger's interview talking about his 78 in the final round"

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
To be honest I expected it. Watching Tiger/ the masters. Was like watching the Good, the bad and the ugly. Put it this way, it was better than watching “ The power of the dog” last night ?

D

Deleted member 29109

I wonder how many people didn’t realise that the early coverage was featured groups? And that Tigers group was one of those?

I thought it was good coverage. Yes there was a lot of Tiger at righty so, but once the main coverage started it wasn’t overbearing. I think some people are either seeing what the want or just complaining because that’s what they do.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The only issue I had with the coverage was the constant repetition of the same old clichés and stories. How many times did Butch say that Tiger doesn’t enter a tournament if he doesn’t think he can win? How many times did they mention his right leg? Bryson saying it’s a par 67? Does my head in.

I don’t mind Laura Davies, but have a listen today and see how many times she says ‘that’ll test him’. ?

Newtonuti

Visit site
The only issue I had with the coverage was the constant repetition of the same old clichés and stories. How many times did Butch say that Tiger doesn’t enter a tournament if he doesn’t think he can win? How many times did they mention his right leg? Bryson saying it’s a par 67? Does my head in.

I don’t mind Laura Davies, but have a listen today and see how many times she says ‘that’ll test him’. ?

Forgot about the Bryson par 67 comment. In that case, he finished +9

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
No.
The BBC highlights are on right now, but I'll watch it later on catch-up. I'll hit fast-forward several times I'm sure. Programme is 1hr 30mins.

wjemather

Visit site
Watch holes 4,5,6 and Amen Corner until full coverage starts, and the inane repetitive studio chat has finished.

It's a shame most of the Sky' lead presenting/commentary team are so unbearable at times and don't enhance the coverage at all. Ewan Murray and Rich Beem are the only two worth keeping; the rest just repeat the same two or three nuggets that no-one is interested in/tired of hearing (usually a trifecta about statistics, mentality and weather, with an added cliché or two, in the case of McGinley).

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I did but there was too much guff about Tiger. Don’t get me wrong, I like to watch Tiger play golf, but I also want to see the other players too. Is there really any need to keep harping on about Tiger’s non golf stuff?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

That's just Butch. The guy is 110 years old, he does tend to repeat himself.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I dipped in and out.

Also trying to watch the world Darts Champs at the Lakeside, the Darts premier League and the World Pool champs.

Day 2 is when I watch more of it, bit more of a meaningful day with who makes the cut.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Forgetting the obvious sycophantic outpourings.... the standard of cometary was shocking.

Butch Harmon and Paul McG need sacking for repetition of the same clichés over and over. Surely someone better is available?

I quite like Butch, but can't stand McGinley.

To be fair, when they have a broadcast that has to last 6 - 8 hours, it's very difficult not to repeat stuff, especially with the amount of filler they need against an American broadcast. Not everyone watches it from start to finish, so sometimes stuff is repeated for a later audience - similar to the breakfast show on the radio, and that's only 4 hours, I hear stuff at 7 and then again repeated at 8 or 9. Having said that, I agree with you, the cliché's do come out a lot more than once or twice, and it does become a little monotonous....

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Watch holes 4,5,6 and Amen Corner until full coverage starts, and the inane repetitive studio chat has finished.

It's a shame most of the Sky' lead presenting/commentary team are so unbearable at times and don't enhance the coverage at all. Ewan Murray and Rich Beem are the only two worth keeping; the rest just repeat the same two or three nuggets that no-one is interested in/tired of hearing (usually a trifecta about statistics, mentality and weather, with an added cliché or two, in the case of McGinley).

Beemer is good, I like him a lot, also like Dougherty and Radar, but the rest are meh for me.

mister v

Visit site
I look forward to the masters every year and every year i get pee'd off with the coverage which isnt as good as the coverage of the open. also please get rid of paul McGinley, he does my head in!