Diamana KiaLi Regular and Stiff....

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi all....

Is there anyone that could tell me a little about these 2 shafts.....I have The Regular in my 3 wood and Love hitting it....But i have the Stiff in my Driver and its a bit hit and miss.....

I swing fairly hard but my playing partners always tell me that i seem to swing my 3 wood nice and smooth but fast.....
Im just wondering what effect in flight would i have if i changed out the Stiff in my Driver for the same shaft in Regular.....

Iv had my swing speed measured at between 103 and 107 mph when im loose...I swing my 7 iron at 86mph...Im guessing this puts me in a stiff for a driver.....But i can knock my 3 wood out to about 215mtrs on a good hit and an average carry of about 205mtrs on a slightly off one......

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Swing speed would indicate Stiff rather than Regular and is enough to load the Driver shaft properly.

But if your brain has worked out that a more fluid swing works better, then a chnge might prove beneficial.

Try swinging a little less aggressively with the Driver. Better connection normally improves the distance overall even if slightly slower.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
would you not be tempted to try an x-stiff shaft in your driver if you are swinging at 107 mph! 95-105 is the usuall stiff range!

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
would you not be tempted to try an x-stiff shaft in your driver if you are swinging at 107 mph! 95-105 is the usuall stiff range!

I agree if you have a quick transition then you will overpower that shaft in a stiff flex if it's the made for Titlesit version, which I assume it is. I bought my old 910D2 with this shaft and it felt like a wet noodle & I couldn't control it, high hooks was the usual shot I would hit with it. I'm in the 112-115mph range so it's not apples for apples, but I would say if you average around 105mph then your on the borderline between stiff and extra stiff, more like extra stiff in the made for Titlesit versions of the shaft as they tend to play soft to flex in my experience.

Ball flight wise you will more than likely hit it higher with more spin & probably a bit hooky although sometimes I find with a weak shaft you can have misses both ways as the shaft just can't keep up with your clubhead speed.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the replies fella's.....I have a lesson again next wednesday night so ill get the Pro to double check things for me.....

Simon.....I am missing it both sides at times Pal.....Its either a high hook or a push slice......