Deja Vu

Vikingman

Head Pro
Visit site
Last year my game was in pieces in the early part of the season and my handicap rocketed before returning to something more normal as the season ended. I am currently repeating the exercise, I've already gone from 12.4 to 13.2 and my best eight scores are in my next eleven. This has the potential to turn pretty nasty but as with last year I'm hitting the ball pretty well. Poor putting and the odd loose shots are killing me. Thing is I'm not making many pars so the card is littered with bogies. Chuck in a few doubles and triples and your consistently shooting 90 odd nett's or 25 points. Anyone else struggling at the moment?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I've played in 5 comps so far this year all in very cold, windy/breezy conditions and the greens are well short of being their best.
I've lost a cluster of 4 good scores off my record from July when the course and conditions were superb.
My HI has gone up by 1.1. I note that you have increased by merely 0.8.
Two of the 5 cards recently submitted are now in my best 8 (just). I really feel I have not played badly - I have scored poorly.
My playing ability and how I feel about my game has not changed.
With warmer weather and better course conditions, I feel I will be able to beat my 8th best score a few times in May and June.
I like this system that motivates you to reduce your handicap by beating your 8th best score (depending on score dropping from record) rather than the old system where you had to beat your handicap to make any progress.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
After a great finish to the end of last season where my confidence went right up and my handicap down, I'm now playing defensive golf and confidence has gone, scores are suffering as a result and handicap is climbing. :(

Golf is so much between the ears.

RichA

Visit site
My first full year of golf last year, got my handicap under 15 in December. 4 months later and it's up to 19.
I'm playing well when it's just social golf but struggling to break 100 whenever it's a "counting" round.
I'm avoiding comps at the moment - just concentrating on enjoying the good shots and shrugging off the dismal stuff. It's important for it to be fun. I don't want to start hating it and quit again, as I did 10 years ago.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
To summarise my previous post.
I've spent all winter struggling to play to a handicap based on my summer and autumn scores.
Currently, I'm going to find it much easier to play to a handicap based on my autumn and early spring scores.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
i started at 8.8 and in the first month went went down to 8.6 before rising to 9.3, currently at 9.2, I am not worried about the rise as I knew that I was losing my best score very 3rd round in. Like the OP I do tend to let the odd lose shot and some bad putting push my scores higher than they should be.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
In the last 2 weeks I have gone from an index of 13,6 to 18.1,

some rubbish golf plus the fact that last year I had 7 counting scores in 9 weeks, which are now dropping of the chart.

In today's competition I had 2 shots on a hole, it's been a while since that last happened

RichA

Visit site
In the last 2 weeks I have gone from an index of 13,6 to 18.1,

some rubbish golf plus the fact that last year I had 7 counting scores in 9 weeks, which are now dropping of the chart.

In today's competition I had 2 shots on a hole, it's been a while since that last happened
Slightly embarrassing isn't it, telling your pp to mark you a 5 for 3 points.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last year my game was in pieces in the early part of the season and my handicap rocketed before returning to something more normal as the season ended. I am currently repeating the exercise, I've already gone from 12.4 to 13.2 and my best eight scores are in my next eleven. This has the potential to turn pretty nasty but as with last year I'm hitting the ball pretty well. Poor putting and the odd loose shots are killing me. Thing is I'm not making many pars so the card is littered with bogies. Chuck in a few doubles and triples and your consistently shooting 90 odd nett's or 25 points. Anyone else struggling at the moment?

Pretty similar here. Had a decent end of season last year that saw my 8 scoring rounds come in 10 comps. I have six in a row dropping out (4 have already gone) and although 3 replacement scores have counted, I have still seen my HI rise by 2.5. Today I was 4 under handicap so at least it will come down a bit.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Struggling to play to double my hc at the moment. The only good thing is that I have another 6 or so rounds before a counting one drops off.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
My counting scores are fairly well spread so there won’t be any significant upwards movement in my H.I in the coming weeks. It is fairly well anchored between 9.5 and 9.8, and a decent couple of rounds will see that come down.

It was frustrating today. First medal of the year, in fairly benign conditions with greens the best they’ve been for several weeks. But, having largely played lovely tee to green, I missed a short one early on and, as often happens, that scrambled my brain. My handicap had gone after 11 holes and, the harder I battled to limit the carnage, the worse it got.

Still, there’s always next week ?

Vikingman

Head Pro
Visit site
To summarise my previous post.
I've spent all winter struggling to play to a handicap based on my summer and autumn scores.
Currently, I'm going to find it much easier to play to a handicap based on my autumn and early spring scores.
This is me to a tee.

Expecting to go to 13.8 after today and I have 7 counting scores coming out over the next 10 games.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I've given up working out what my WHS handicap is going to do. I simply play, put the card in and see what happens.

I actually find it pretty easy to figure out what it will do, only thing I don’t know until the next day is if the PCC is changing.

The way my scores are I know I’m not going up for the next 7 rounds and if I beat a score diff of 17 then it will come down.