David Blaine - hero or divvy?

B

birdieman

David Blaine's in the news...again!
This time he is hanging upside down for 60 hours in public. He risks all sorts of health complications.
Why does he do these things? - his magic shows, card trick and slight of hand tricks are fantastic and very watchable therefore entertaining but these endurance stunts are not remotely interesting or entertaining, are they? :D

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
He is a complete plonker. I don't even know why they give him press coverage.
I agree, his magic tricks are among the best, so I am not sure where all this other stuff fits in, unless he has lost confidence in his magic.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can not be completely sane if you are attempting things like this, he may be entertaining in other areas but I just see these stunts as over complicated attention seeking.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Love he street stuff, he's great, but his stunts are pointless.

Derren Brown, now that guy is amazing! I watch everything he deoes if i can!

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Notice he's doing it in America,

Last time he did that suspended in a ball thing in London he got pelted with stuff including a few golf balls!

Blokes must have an ego the size of a planet if he thinks the world is actually interested in his stunts

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
The word to describe him is not PC enough to have even made it into the 21st century. I'm thinking a school expression or two from the 1970s.

Divvy....understatement.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
I'm a big fan. His next one is being planned right now. He will sit underwater for about 3 days until we're absolutely sure heees deeed. He will then be put in a boax, put under ground for about 60 years then some poor person will have the job of making sure he's still in there....deed.