Dad Golfers - what you got?

danwall

Visit site
Hi, new member here. I've got 3 kids (3,3,7) and wanted to know if anyone has any indoor Golf stuff that has helped the kids get into Golf.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Welcome along

I'd be interested if there is anything good as I've got kids (7,7 and 5) so looks like we have something in common. I've only got as far as explaining that not every shot has to go in the hole and the usual plastic clubs in the garden but more football and Frozen at the moment rather than hybrids

sunshine

Visit site
I have three girls, so the Barbie set has been very popular down the years. Even includes Barbie tees and ball markers. Purchased from AG a long time ago, probably available somewhere on ebay. Although I support the idea of gender neutral toys, my girls like pink stuff a lot more :LOL:

61AUGLwpIvL._AC_SX425_.jpg

danwall

Visit site
Welcome along

I'd be interested if there is anything good as I've got kids (7,7 and 5) so looks like we have something in common. I've only got as far as explaining that not every shot has to go in the hole and the usual plastic clubs in the garden but more football and Frozen at the moment rather than hybrids

The plastics ones are still in the living room but know that as soon as they go outside they'll suffer the same fate.

danwall

Visit site
I have three girls, so the Barbie set has been very popular down the years. Even includes Barbie tees and ball markers. Purchased from AG a long time ago, probably available somewhere on ebay. Although I support the idea of gender neutral toys, my girls like pink stuff a lot more :LOL:

I've on the one girl but if it's not pink with unicorns it's not happening.

danwall

Visit site
Welcome along

I'm thinking of starting with mini/crazy golf and seeing how that goes. I've love to be able to practice at home somehow and get them involved.

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My daughter (2.5 years) has a plastic set from Amazon. It's just something for her to have fun with, rather perfecting a nice low sweeping draw at this stage.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
7 and 11 - They both enjoy having a go on my putt out on my mat, but other than that they'd find a way of destroying the house with anything else, they are safer outside. They are both pretty fair weather though, so are only interested in joining me outdoors in the summer.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Mine was on the course at 3 with proper clubs and balls, although at that age, it miight be a little coid for them. The 7 year old should be fine though, stick 2 pair of socks on him/her thermals and a wooly hat and get them out there on a par 3 course.

My kid played a lot of Tiger Woods PGA on the Xbox when he was younger as well, undoubtedly that helped get him interested, and I firmly believe he's learnt quite a lot of his swing, and the manner in which the game is played by his time playing console golf.

Dan_Nicol

Visit site

God my 5 year old daughter would loose here mind with that set she’s barber obsessed

danwall

Visit site
Mine was on the course at 3 with proper clubs and balls, although at that age, it miight be a little coid for them. The 7 year old should be fine though, stick 2 pair of socks on him/her thermals and a wooly hat and get them out there on a par 3 course.

My kid played a lot of Tiger Woods PGA on the Xbox when he was younger as well, undoubtedly that helped get him interested, and I firmly believe he's learnt quite a lot of his swing, and the manner in which the game is played by his time playing console golf.
That's awesome, I can't get mine off the xbox but he's not playing tiger Woods golf. I used to love that.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
My 6yr old has just started lessons, she’s got the US Kids 7i and driver - started with the 7i, then hit driver in her lesson and was desperate for one, she loves hitting it at the range.