Cutting Putter Shaft

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some help please people if you can. Are there any noticeable effects to cutting down a putter shaft? Specifically looking to alter a 35" putter down to 33". Read a bit on other sites about swing weights, does that translate to putters and if it does, will it make any difference?

Thanks in advance.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You do change the swingweight but whether you notice it or to is up to you, you can always counter the change with some lead tape if you feel you have to.

Shiny

Head Pro
Visit site
I have done exactly the same, at my level I noticed no changes except I was more over the ball and more consistent. Before you cut try gripping down the shaft a couple of inches to see if that works.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some help please people if you can. Are there any noticeable effects to cutting down a putter shaft? Specifically looking to alter a 35" putter down to 33". Read a bit on other sites about swing weights, does that translate to putters and if it does, will it make any difference?

Thanks in advance.

Scotty Cameron would tell you add 20 grammes of weight to the head.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Done it loads just do it and you wont notice it. Check the head weights out of 33" putter and 35" putter of most brands and they are the same weight just longer shafts, the only ones with heavier heads are belly putters,well thats what I have found anyway.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've done this numerous times in the past as I use either 32 or 33 inch putters. You won't notice any difference. It never felt different to me anyway but I guess like anything else it's a personal thing