Cupping the wrist after impact?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is that the correct terminology for what appears to be bending the left wrist back after impact?

I noticed I was doing it during practice on Sunday, I was initially working on my early club release and saw this in the process, I seemed to be far too "wristy" for want of a better word.

Has anyone successfully stopped themselves doing this and are there any recommended drills which can help?

On Sunday I was chipping with half swings and trying to get some lag on the club and then keep the left arm/wrist straight for the shortened follow through.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
commonly referred to as 'flipping' where the clubhead is overtaking the hands.
What type of shots are the issue?

have a look at this which might help.............

[video=youtube_share;3hMzw6fUvic]http://youtu.be/3hMzw6fUvic[/video]

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks mate, I'll give that a proper watch when I get home.
I'm the same as the kid on the right from what I've seen, someone commented on a video I posted last week that I was releasing too early.
I only realised the cupping during chipping and I'm pretty sure that's when I mainly do it, I don't feel I do it on full shots with a proper follow through as I know I'm consciously trying to keep my left wrist straight on impact, then again I may be totally wrong lol.
Damn this game and all it's blummin' intricacies :D

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Hogan stresses the importance of supinating the left wrist at impact - and the terrible mess you get into if instead you pronate the wrist.