Crime stories/podcasts

Blakey

Medal Winner
Visit site
The first season was great, the second not so much.

Also watch making a murderer on Netflix if you have't already.

Last edited:

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yeah I never really got into the second season. Have you listened to undisclosed?

I have just started listening to http://www.convictedpod.com/ which has been good so far. Strangely the same lawyer is involved and the guy is actually in same block as Adnan.

Making a murderer is great. Very interesting

Blakey

Medal Winner
Visit site
I did listen to Undisclosed, but it was quite heavy going at times in comparison, and didn't leave you 'on the edge of your seat' like serial.

I'll take a look at Convictedpod, thanks

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I didn't get all the hype for making a murderer.
Struggled to have any sympathy for the "victim".

Yes, I get what you mean. It is very hard to see if it is a biased view and if details are left out. I guess what the show highlighted was how the police behaved and made their case.

From listening to other podcasts, it seems that it happens more than you would like to think. Especially in the Serial case, an ex detective realised he got a false confession years after he put someone away. He then had to fight to get the man released and now works for the innocence project and improving how the detectives interview potential suspects.

Obviously not saying that a lot of people who have been put away for horrendous crimes could be innocent, I just find it very interesting how it all works and if justice is actually achieved. But that is not to say that the podcast is unbiased and not missing or looking at evidence in a certain way.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Personally I think Avery is guilty as sin. Yes they messed up the case in their eagerness to get him convicted but I still believe it was him.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Personally I think Avery is guilty as sin. Yes they messed up the case in their eagerness to get him convicted but I still believe it was him.

Really. he is thick as pig dung but he also had 10 million dollars coming his way. would he really risk that to rape and murder a random girl.

So many things didn't make sense. I do hope the truth is revealed.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Really. he is thick as pig dung but he also had 10 million dollars coming his way. would he really risk that to rape and murder a random girl.

So many things didn't make sense. I do hope the truth is revealed.

I have to say I hope he is guilty. Can't imagine being locked up for 1 crime I didn't commit never mind 2.

The fact the police botched the case so badly, it is hard to understand how the jury still convicted him.

But as I mentioned before, I believe the tv show left out some crucial information which was presented.