The Cricket Thread

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
It’s the old “owning the word” reason or should I say excuse.

The same reason they give for Spurs using the Y word

Ah yes, the word not applicable to most of those using it, and the word that those entitled to have a view about would rather wasn’t used in those circumstances.

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Weird it's all come out now given it was 4 years ago and investigated by CA at the time.

He won't get the gloves for the Ashes. Carey or Wade will.

It's a shame really as he was a bang average captain, decent enough keeper. His batting never got to where it was before he broke his hand.
Will make the Aussies stronger without him in the team for sure.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
There appears to be a photograph doing the rounds which I will not post, of Rafiq wearing a green shirt. There is a well known Irish bookmaker that uses a logo in green; the first word of that logo (a generic term for someone of Irish heritage) has been replaced with a similar & apparently unacceptable term for someone of Pakistani heritage.

I say apparently unacceptable, because, assuming the photo hasn't been doctored, I'm struggling to see how that can be on a shirt worn by someone who complains about the use of the same word. Help me out here...

there is also a picture of him with a rather larger bottle of alcohol. i cant see anyone pinning him down and forcing him to drink it.

apparently he has run up some hefty betting debts

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I receive this via email each week. I find it quite funny. People may have seen what was written by Paine, if not I recommend you take subscribe weekly.
1637334595885.png

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
It's a shame really as he was a bang average captain, decent enough keeper. His batting never got to where it was before he broke his hand.
Will make the Aussies stronger without him in the team for sure.
Maybe he thought this was a better way out than losing The Ashes to this England team? They are definitely stronger without him in the team, and as Captain! The big question now, is will they have the guts to give it to Smith, or will they put Cummings in as “Captain”.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Further allegations coming out about Rafiq drinking on a flight to Dubai and sending inappropriate texts to a 16 year old girl and buying her a drink.

Edit - just read that she told him she was 17 but still buying alcohol for someone under 18.

Last edited:

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Help please watching The Ashes.

1. I have Sky Sports but not BT where The Ashes will be broadcast. Read somewhere that I can pay £25 per month for a rolling contract with BT Sport. Difficult to sort this out as I am abroad at present. Any help would be appreciated.

2. I also have Express VPN when abroad where I will be in Jan.22. I can use it to receive Channel 9 The Aussie channel broadcsting for on my Ipad. Anybody any idea how this works.

TIA

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Help please watching The Ashes.

1. I have Sky Sports but not BT where The Ashes will be broadcast. Read somewhere that I can pay £25 per month for a rolling contract with BT Sport. Difficult to sort this out as I am abroad at present. Any help would be appreciated.

2. I also have Express VPN when abroad where I will be in Jan.22. I can use it to receive Channel 9 The Aussie channel broadcsting for on my Ipad. Anybody any idea how this works.

TIA

Via BTs website:

https://www.bt.com/sport/monthly-pass?s_intcid=con_portal_sport_hero_banner_football_ucl

This is the £25 a mth pass that you then use via web or app which can limit your viewing options if you want to watch on a tv screen

Other way is to buy it through your sky tv account as an add on with a rolling contract on 31 days notice for £27 a month (its less if you sign up to an 18 mth contract)

If you log in to your my sky account (www.sky.com/mysky) you should be able to go to your TV package then scroll down and below are the options you can add on, BT sport should be one of them you can order from there and it turns on on your sky box almost instantly

You can then issue the notice immediately if thats what you want to do

There doesnt seem to be any discounts on bt sport currently as its champions league time of year and then the ashes so demand is high

As for 2 I have never used channel 9 and dont intend to lol. I assume once your logged into your vpn, access an australian based server, then connect to Channel 9s site, not sure whether you have to pay a sub or not?

D

Deleted member 3432

Australia making one of the bowlers from 'sandpaper gate' captain ??????

He was up to his neck in it as Smith, Warner and the poor young patsy....

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
maybe if hed said sorry at the start rather than issue rebuffal statements to something no one had even read then people would have believed he was sorry, now id say less so....

This, any apology comes across a bit hollow after the media led denials. Oh, and it is released once he has been removed from all ashes coverage. Can't help but feel that this would not have happened if his work was not drying up

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
ECB Chief Clown Tom Harrison in September: “The reality is we are playing too much domestic cricket and we are playing too much international cricket and we need to address both of those things."

Englands next winter schedule released today:

Sep 22 - 7 x T20i v Pak
Oct 22 - 3 x T20i v Aus
Oct-Nov 22 - T20 World Cup
Nov 22 - 3 x ODI v Aus
Jan 23 - 3 x ODI v SA
Feb 23 - 2 x Tests v NZ
Mar 23 - 3 x ODI, 3 x T20i v Ban