The Cricket Thread

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Call the pitch inspectors!

(Checks notes) oh, of course, it's Lord's so the rules don't apply! The ECB don't want to be ticking off the old duffers at the MCC do they?!;)

D

Deleted member 3432

Call the pitch inspectors!

(Checks notes) oh, of course, it's Lord's so the rules don't apply! The ECB don't want to be ticking off the old duffers at the MCC do they?!;)

Good job Jimmy is not playing because Lancs may have enough runs on the board now :ROFLMAO:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
ECB love a like for like replacement, taken it a bit too literally for the world cup replacing Curran with Curran :eek: (wouldve been nice for them to realise they need another spinner)

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
ECB love a like for like replacement, taken it a bit too literally for the world cup replacing Curran with Curran :eek: (wouldve been nice for them to realise they need another spinner)

Isn't there a rule that every England squad must include a Curran? Not sure how either keep getting called up, especially Tom. Maybe its cos they are media friendly.

Grizzly

Visit site
England squad is pretty uninspiring.....Somehow Bess is in, no Parkinson. Same old batters and seamers. We'll get spanked.

I fear we will be quite happy if it is only spanked. Accept that this is probably the best squad, more or less, that we have available, and that Stone, Archer and Stokes are massive losses, so this is not something that would likely make a significant difference. But...Parkinson and Mahmood would be positive selections, where Bess and the make up of the seam attack are essentially negative ones (and it pains me as a Yorkshireman to say that)

D

Deleted member 15344

England squad is pretty uninspiring.....Somehow Bess is in, no Parkinson. Same old batters and seamers. We'll get spanked.

Im guessing it’s going to be 4 nil and I think the end of Silverwood.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not sure what people were expecting, the "exciting" players are either injured or T20 players in the main, not sure theres anyone who can claim to be hard done by not to be picked based on their performances, also not convinced this Aussie side is anything special either. They have 2 or 3 stars and the rest are pretty ordinary (sounds familiar lol)

If I had to have a bet Id be a 0-0 backer still ;)

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Whilst accepting Chris Silverwood is obliged to provide public support for his players, I do think he should perhaps have chosen his words a little more carefully.

By describing them as ‘battle hardened’, when virtually every follower of the game can see that the batters, at least, are woefully fragile, merely serves to support the suggestion he does not have the first clue what he is doing.

A less battle hardened group of players have I ever seen.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Great day watching 2 T20 final European qualifiers for next year’s World Cup. Jersey beat Germany in a fine run chase. Italy comfortably beat Denmark.

Italy had a few ringers, e.g. Durnbach and a couple county players. And they are favourites to win the round Robin.