The Cricket Thread

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Inidia have effectively forfeited the test as they are unable to raise a team. Despite them testing negative the players wanted additional PCR tests as they don't feel safe. I'm calling BS , they're panicking about missing the start of the ipl

Any coincidence that even before the tour they never wanted to play this test due to the proximity of the IPL

D

Deleted member 15344

Some of the IPL players already flown out of the UK.......

Interesting news stolen from Twitter

In other OT test cancellation news, I read that the Indian players have all had negative PCR on return to their IPL teams and now start a 6 day quarantine period which, {checks calendar} takes them to the day before the restart.

How fortunate for them ?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This test was never going to be played....

Was speaking to someone … acc to him, there was no bio bubble. The big cause of concern was that the players attended the release of Ravi Shastri’s book. Was scheduled to be an outdoor event but was held indoors. Someone at the event tested positive turning this into a super spreader event. Apparently some of the players went to London night clubs after that. There is a rumour that one of the playing XI tested positive but the news has been buried. I am assuming something will come out of the wash in a few months

Also not just Indian players at the event, it had Harrison, Nasser Hussain et al at the event.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Was speaking to someone … acc to him, there was no bio bubble. The big cause of concern was that the players attended the release of Ravi Shastri’s book. Was scheduled to be an outdoor event but was held indoors. Someone at the event tested positive turning this into a super spreader event. Apparently some of the players went to London night clubs after that. There is a rumour that one of the playing XI tested positive but the news has been buried. I am assuming something will come out of the wash in a few months

Also not just Indian players at the event, it had Harrison, Nasser Hussain et al at the event.

were Harrison and Hussain supposed to be playing?

D

Deleted member 15344

That Innings from Cox has prob won it for Kent - big total to chase down