The Cricket Thread

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Definitely IPL related. I'd be fuming if I was Kohli, he had a great chance at an overseas series victory.
I hope that England are awarded the test and the series is drawn. No players tested positive so there was no reason for the match not to take place. I feel for the fans who had tickets, hotels booked etc. Big blow for Lancashire / Old Trafford. I know they will have insurance on the ticket sales, premiums going up though, but the anciliiary sales are stuffed.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wat a load of croc is going on... should post this under Random irritation

apparently postponed indefinitely.. maybe played in 2022 during next Eng tour. I understand the players being nervous as they have been in contact with support staff. But also looks like IPL given preference
From the Indian media >> https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...meetings-to-continue/articleshow/86090359.cms

Feel for Kohli.. cant win a toss nor a series..

D

Deleted member 18588

Wat a load of croc is going on... should post this under Random irritation

apparently postponed indefinitely.. maybe played in 2022 during next Eng tour. I understand the players being nervous as they have been in contact with support staff. But also looks like IPL given preference
From the Indian media >> https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...meetings-to-continue/articleshow/86090359.cms

Feel for Kohli.. cant win a toss nor a series..
If Kohli wanted it played the Test would still be played.

Like everyone else he is bowing to his paymasters, the IPL& the BCCI.

It's a bloody disgrace?

sunshine

Visit site
I don't think it is about brushing anything under the carpet, I genuinely don't, I think it is instead a case of them having opened a massive can of worms by publicly admitting that the investigation was ongoing and thereby backing themselves into a corner. The report has clearly been conducted in a way which puts names to statements, which leaves potential for legal action for defamation, and of course there is also the issue of Rafiq's ongoing ET claim to consider. Its also interesting to note that *some* claims have been substantiated - though Rafiq seems desperate to control the media agenda in this regard and push the idea that all were - and there is also the potential where claims have been determined to be false that those accused might seek to pursue Rafiq for defamation. TLDR - its a giant sh1tstorm from which noone will win.

Good on him. You must be furious that a brown person is speaking up.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hope that England are awarded the test and the series is drawn. No players tested positive so there was no reason for the match not to take place. I feel for the fans who had tickets, hotels booked etc. Big blow for Lancashire / Old Trafford. I know they will have insurance on the ticket sales, premiums going up though, but the anciliiary sales are stuffed.

Inidia have effectively forfeited the test as they are unable to raise a team. Despite them testing negative the players wanted additional PCR tests as they don't feel safe. I'm calling BS , they're panicking about missing the start of the ipl

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Inidia have effectively forfeited the test as they are unable to raise a team. Despite them testing negative the players wanted additional PCR tests as they don't feel safe. I'm calling BS , they're panicking about missing the start of the ipl

Well Harrison claims its nothing to do with the IPL and says we mustnt blame it, so it probably is

This article seems to imply as much as we all well knew (theyre all worried about not being paid for the IPL circus rather than the integrity of cricket)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket...hobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1631268145-1

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
100%. I think the BCCI are backtracking on the forfeit statement though. They are offering to replay the test next year! Yeah, because that is how a series works. I'm sure there are some heavy behind the scenes talks going on right now with the BCCI flexing their muscle to avoid the term forfeit.

This series is over, 2-2, thank you very much.