The Cricket Thread

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
As T20i results go, that is an absolute battering. I can’t remember the last time I saw a top side pulverised in that manner. England were absolutely massive in every aspect of the game.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As T20i results go, that is an absolute battering. I can’t remember the last time I saw a top side pulverised in that manner. England were absolutely massive in every aspect of the game.

I dont think its a coincidence that the two best attacks in the comp are those of the 2 most impressive teams so far. Both England and Pakistan have been excellent with the ball, giving their batsmen plenty of leeway.

Curiously, England have almost stumbled upon this bowling attack with no Archer and not a Curran in sight!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Did you not watch England v WI in the first match? Or Afghanistan v Scotland?

I think you’re rather missing my point. Australia are a cut above the Windies, and I’m not sure you can compare the result in a game between Afghanistan and Scotland with this afternoon’s game. In what way are Scotland a “top side”?! That game hardly set down a marker for the rest of the tournament, did it? Unless Afghanistan are amongst the favourites to win the tournament.

Last edited:

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
England are 100% the favourites for this tournament. The squad is the most complete with game winners. They are also in form too.

Nice little win over Sri Lanka for South Africa in a tight chase. Our hopes stay alive.