The Cricket Thread

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why have Lancashire and Somerset won 0.5 of a game each in Div. 1 of the county Championship please? I realise scores against the other team in the initial group are a starting point but an explanation would be appreciated please.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Why have Lancashire and Somerset won 0.5 of a game each in Div. 1 of the county Championship please? I realise scores against the other team in the initial group are a starting point but an explanation would be appreciated please.

"Counties carry forward half the points they scored from the two matches against the county in their original group and do not play that team in the Division Stage"

So if they beat a side once in the previous round of games they will bring through half a win :) clear as mud lol

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The Jarvo thing is now wearing thin… what’s with the security at the stadium?

Think its done now, hes in a cell having been charged with assault on all accounts. Bigger part in the series than Ashwin mind :D

Happened at a lot of undred games too on all accounts, stewards arent going to stop those intent, time to introduce aussie style penalties for pitch invaders

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can't see any scenario where India don't win this test match from this position. England's batsmen threw it away yesterday with their T20 batting - Moeen Ali being a prime example of their stupid shot choices.

D

Deleted member 3432

I can't see any scenario where India don't win this test match from this position. England's batsmen threw it away yesterday with their T20 batting - Moeen Ali being a prime example of their stupid shot choices.

Dropping a shed load of catches doesn't help either......

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
India will be dismissed cheaply by lunch tomorrow… England to romp home in style. Kohli to be step down and replaced by Ashwin ….

… next week euromillion numbers are 12 26 33 35 41 03 07

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
India will be dismissed cheaply by lunch tomorrow… England to romp home in style. Kohli to be step down and replaced by Ashwin ….

… next week euromillion numbers are 12 26 33 35 41 03 07

i like the euromill numbers of those 2 more lol

frustrating day, not overly unexpected, compounds the batting errors yesterday. rohit was utterly superb (and has been for the series) but england got 2 seamers in the red, one just back from injury and one not quite good enough yet, as for the spin options..... only thing worse than the catching was the var referrals haha (have to fear for whats left in the tank for the 5th test if they dont win here)

yet IF they had caught the catches theyd probably be home and dry already, cant see how Burns is ever a slip fielder but again the cupboards pretty bare it seems, the days where top order batsmen could catch in the slip seem to be a thing of the past!

could set up for an enthralling finish, best scenario is england bowl them out and need to chase 300ish over the last day and a bit on a slowing flat deck whilst Ashwin gets to watch on from the dressing room :)

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i like the euromill numbers of those 2 more lol

frustrating day, not overly unexpected, compounds the batting errors yesterday. rohit was utterly superb (and has been for the series) but england got 2 seamers in the red, one just back from injury and one not quite good enough yet, as for the spin options..... only thing worse than the catching was the var referrals haha (have to fear for whats left in the tank for the 5th test if they dont win here)

yet IF they had caught the catches theyd probably be home and dry already, cant see how Burns is ever a slip fielder but again the cupboards pretty bare it seems, the days where top order batsmen could catch in the slip seem to be a thing of the past!

could set up for an enthralling finish, best scenario is england bowl them out and need to chase 300ish over the last day and a bit on a slowing flat deck whilst Ashwin gets to watch on from the dressing room :)

Rohit and Root are playing a different series. A big monkey off Rohit’s back with his first ton outside India. Sad he perished to the dreaded pull (yet again). I saw an interview where he said that if he survives 10 odd overs (in ODI) then he is likely to play all the way. The only way to get out would be if he makes a mistake.

Burns reaction after he dropped Rohit the first time. Suggested he did not see the ball. He is in slip position, he has ONE job. The flipping ball hit his shoes. What else does Jimmy have to do…

question is how will India play tomorrow. If they don’t lose too many, they will go into a one day past lunch, they may go into an ODI mode. Rake it up and then give Eng 4 sessions to play.

Of course all this is irrelevant as it will be all finished by lunch and I am picking the island to buy next week.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i was hoping to see some fireworks from Pant & Thakur .. but they seem to be playing a test match. maybe once they hit 300 or 350

i am now sleepy.. I will blame the curry i had for lunch.. ZZzzz

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
History books to be re-written as Eng chase this down by tea tomorrow. …

Both openers to get into double figures
Roooo gets another century

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Root is a fantastic batsman but he’s a very very sloppy captain.

Especially when spinners are bowling. He uses them too defensively. I cant believe how many singles he was giving away to new batsmen yesterday. I hope he gets it right if Parkinson plays at OT.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Burns has looked a better batsman since Sibley was dropped and Hameed moved up the order. I wonder whether batting with Sibley was dragging Burns down a bit and whether there are shoots of a decent partnership developing with Hameed.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Burns has looked a better batsman since Sibley was dropped and Hameed moved up the order. I wonder whether batting with Sibley was dragging Burns down a bit and whether there are shoots of a decent partnership developing with Hameed.

Early days.. but some shoots here.

Speaking of shoots.. any chance Hameed gets a haircut at some point?

D

Deleted member 18588

I agree that batting with Sibley cannot be easy.

However, I am afraid that doesn't alter the fact that IMO Burns will never be good enough to open for England.

Good knock this innings but look at him first time round and as for his fielding ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

not sure Hameeds 19 off 102 balls pre lunch was much different to batting with Sibley was it?