The Cricket Thread

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Absolute mickey take that the WTC final is not on main event but the ladies test is.

British broadcaster in ‘show home nation test match’ drama.

its the last day of the ladies test, and the WTC final has 4 days after today….not to mention Sky Sports promoting more women’s sport.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Atherton on commentary… there are some English batsman who are wondering why the Kiwis did not ball like this to them.

Maybe i was watching a different match… Eng lost the match due to poor batting rather than difficult bowling. If nothing else, these conditions and the amount of swing this morning would have been more difficult for us

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
British broadcaster in ‘show home nation test match’ drama.

its the last day of the ladies test, and the WTC final has 4 days after today….not to mention Sky Sports promoting more women’s sport.

Sky should create a “sky sports women” channel and show they’re committed to it. They would have to broadcast more women’s sport to fill it and therefore have to be present at more.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sky should create a “sky sports women” channel and show they’re committed to it. They would have to broadcast more women’s sport to fill it and therefore have to be present at more.

They also need to find a cameraman who can follow the ball .. the number of times the ball has been hit to leg side while the camera pans the other way …

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
They also need to find a cameraman who can follow the ball .. the number of times the ball has been hit to leg side while the camera pans the other way …
Need to find better umpires as well , I think that's five overturned decisions and we are only 2 and bit innings through

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good even match so far.. Great start by India, and a great pull back by NZ..

Also DK in the commentary box… he comes with some golden nuggets

Last edited:

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Watched a little more of the ladies test. England have a chance to win but seem to be trying to go for a draw?

Spinner has no one stopping 1 on the off side. Indian ladies are just rocking back and cutting. Free runs. Silly

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My untrained opinion says 250 would be a good 1st inning score.

Only watched a few bits, but what i found interesting is the number of times india has been running 3s… a rare sight in test matches

Edit: looks like I jinxed Ashwin… 250 is now a stretch with the tail

Last edited:

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What is the point of having floodlights switched on all day and then abandoning the day due to bad light … what have I missed

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What is the point of having floodlights switched on all day and then abandoning the day due to bad light … what have I missed

the theory is that seeing a red ball under floodlights, especially in the dusk period is still difficult and dangerous, hence when they play night tests they use the pink ball, still have to have a certain level of natural light