The Cricket Thread

D

Deleted member 15344

First day of The County Cricket season. Quick question and NO googling:

What is the format for The County Championship this season? Shattered just trying to understand it!

Three Divisions to start with - play each other home and away

Top two then go into another division, 3rd and 4th into another and 5th and 6th into another

They then play each other once but not the team you played previously

Whoever is top in the top division wins the County champs

The top two also then play for the Bob Willis trophy over 5 days

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Top two then go into another division, 3rd and 4th into another and 5th and 6th into another

Be easier to just give it to Essex again imo ;) they keep trying to stop them

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had the live stream of Middlesex v Somerset on earlier. The coverage is excellent for a stream, almost as good as normal TV coverage.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Impressive LP knowing the info from the top of your head

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Somebody I have never heard of called Haines, for Sussex is 136 not out against Lanci. He only has 800 runs @24 throughout his career. Hopefully Manchester will be too cold for Sussex after 4 day.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
yesterday, my son was at the county colt outdoor training.. It was freezing and windy. They switched hard ball for incredi balls. He said it was trying to play with rocks. I thought I would go for a walk while he was training. Walked about 100 yards and then returned to the warmth of the car. Mad weather..

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
yesterday, my son was at the county colt outdoor training.. It was freezing and windy. They switched hard ball for incredi balls. He said it was trying to play with rocks. I thought I would go for a walk while he was training. Walked about 100 yards and then returned to the warmth of the car. Mad weather..
ahh, brings back memories of the first games of the season, wearing tee shirt, long sleeve shirt and two jumpers preying the ball wasn't hit hard at you in the covers:ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 15344

No thanks - maybe he shoold help our own leagues out before inviting the rich over

Already plenty of cricket to watch in london

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Now Sadiq is not universally loved and I don’t want to get into a political debate. But I think this is bonkers.. or is IPL going to down the NFL route of having an exibition game

https://www.skysports.com/cricket/n...ng-indian-premier-league-games-to-the-capital

Exhibition game like the other 60+ in it each year?

IPL love in gone way beyond reality (money really does talk), will be compounded by tv pretty much only showing international and franchise cricket going forward, the paucity of county cricket being televised this year is ridiculous. The ECB are killing the counties as theyve wanted to for years and will finally succeed (as well as ruining the sport at the same time), doesnt surprise me to see the likes of Khan making joke statements like this

I see the IPL rolled out the standard script of a last ball thriller for the competition opener yet again this year, what a shock that was

D

Deleted member 15344

Well that’s a nice surprising win , thought we were destined to lose after our first innings but some great bowling to skittle them out for 143 and then some solid batting from some more players that England wlll ignore gave us a good start in the fight to finish second behind Essex ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well that’s a nice surprising win , thought we were destined to lose after our first innings but some great bowling to skittle them out for 143 and then some solid batting from some more players that England wlll ignore gave us a good start in the fight to finish second behind Essex ?

opposite for Essex, looked in control when Worcs were 150/6 :(

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No cannot accept that. you cannot be Liverpool P and not support Lanci. Suppose we will now be calling you Bridgewater Phil or Burnham and Berrow Phil! Great result btw.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
On the subject of the IPL... good to see the English team spread across all the teams (except Mumbai). Previously, it was mostly all of them in Rajasthan, but now seems to have an Englishman in every tent.
Lots of young uncapped Indian players too..

A bit disappointed to see DK behind the stumps rather than a mic..