Credit to the game

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
What a refreshing attitude he has. I'm sure some of you will have heard about the one legged golfer playing the the Dunhill links as an amateur this week, but for those who haven't it is well worth watching this video.

It just goes to show the huge breadth of appeal golf has. Plus highlighting how important balance is in the swing! If only more of the pros / golfers in general had his outlook on the game and life.

One legged golfer tees up at St. Andrews

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was once paired up with a guy with one arm (left) at a windy seaside course.

Turns out that is you have a left arm only, you slice the bejasus out of it, which is not good in a 20 mph wind.

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a mate once who lost both legs in a freak accident involving a three iron, a jaffa cake and a tub of swarfega. His local A&E have dined out on the story for years.
He still loved his golf though and one day he got drunk on a bottle of Thunderbird washed down with some Asti and decided to play his beloved golf. He hired a buggy for obvious reasons and was carrering down the first when he lost control and went into a 360 degree flat spin - Top Gun style. He came to rest partially submerged in the babbling brook that ran alongside the aforementioned hole - the buggy a complete write off. He returned rather bashfully to the clubhouse and tried to pass the incident off as a stray rabbit walking out in front of him without looking - the club pro wasn't having any of it and asked for the full cost of the buggy. My amigo tried to plead his innocence but the club pro stated that he'd witnessed the incident and, given the inebriated state of my friend...he didn't have a leg to stand on...

Sorry...

I'm here all week...

:cool: :) :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :D :D ;) :p

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
A friend of mine was laying heavy curb stones when one slipped and he tried to stop it, the result, he chopped all of his fingers off. He was rushed to A&E. The doctor said " have you brought in your fingers? We can sew them back on"
My mate replied " no I couldn't pick 'em up!! Boom Boom :D

chipsandegg

Head Pro
Visit site
that bloke is ace!!!! christ how much i struggle with two legs! you would have thought a False leg would have made it much easier for him though.. obviously not hey. Half price Footjoys too, cant be bad

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Oh to have a swing half as good as his - preferably keeping my pins where they are.

An inspiration to many and I hope he does extremely well

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Absolutly fntastic, there is a guy who plays at our club with 1 arm, think he's off 7 and is 4th best in world in his disabled catergorie.

They are both inspirations really!