Copy Cats!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any one else think a few things in the mag this month echo some of last months threads? I.E the fave golf food!

Come on chaps if ya gonna copy us, the least ya can do is stick the bloody Mars bar in! It was well popular for a sneaky 9th nibble! :D

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
What I want to know is where is the stuff about Vega Irons they promised?

Was it in last months cos I forgot to buy...DOH!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Maybe we are some cheap form of testing ground for the boys at GM Towers. You know the sort of thing, you are tired out from another busy week playing some of the best courses in the world and trying out some of the newest stuff on the market. You suddenly realise that it is deadline day and you haven;t given MikeH that article you promised. What to do.

I know lets have a quick look at what the forum guys are saying. Mmmmm food (that reminds me must put my expenses in). I know. something quick and easy. Fav food

Bish bash bosh 10 minutes later the perfect article. Mike H is happy. You get the plaudits and can get back to to Tiger Woods on the PSP

All meant in jest GM boys!!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
The other one i had in mind was the buggy storey we dabated a few weeks ago. The poll is being done on this!

Seriously though i think we have had an influence on this months mag!

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
Hello all,
Have to say that in all in honesty the buggy column wasn't 'nicked' from you as that was one thread I missed (must have been deadline week!).
However, I think it's probably not that surprising that the same topics are coming up as I think it shows that we are all avid golfers singing from broadly the same hymn sheet of discussion topics, and are generally talking about the same things that bug, inspire, annoy or delight us about our wonderful game.
Homer - having met you and played with you the other week I know you're only joking, but could you please enlighten me as to what a PSP is...?
Jezz
P.S. Must go now as I've got a lot of threads to scour before deciding on the theme of next month's column...!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
PSP is the hand held playstation game. Not sure if I'm having my leg pulled with that question or not but as I've met you and you were a thoroughly decent chap I'll give you the benefit!!

Actually having chatted to you and the other guys it did open my eyes as to how much goes into producing a magazine that is balanced and entertaining month on month and actually how tight some of your copy margins are

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have to take my hat off to you guys. It must be damn hard work to write and put together a mag EVERY month as good as you guys do. But WHY wasn't the Mars bar in the top nosh???

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
With one or two of the staff lying the wrong side of the BMI guidelines we couldn't be seen to be promoting such a high-calorie, rapid consumption snack.
A Crunchie has far fewer calories and if you can put up with the sickly sweet taste and the fact that the honeycomb bit will stick to your teeth like superglue for at least a week, it is actually a much healthier proposition...
... you're right - why didn't we have the Mars bar on there...?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never bloody mind the wednesday club, what about the skinny Monday club trying to Build natural thermal! Mars bars are the saviour of my golfing soul! If i had to make space in the bag for it, i would drop the 4 iron!

I was really disapointed that it was not included. :(

Damn you Golf monthly for playing with my emotions!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
My wife hates them as well. I cannot help but love them, they have given me a kick start through many an hungover morning.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seriously, i eat two a day. Frozen in the freezer. They used to give us them (and twix) with our breakfast in the Marines!