Compressed air to clean clubs

The Gentleman

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi

Any thoughts on cleaning clubs (mainly club face) with either (i) compressed air (like the compressed air gun we use to clean golf shoes); or (ii) a pressure washer (ie those used to wash cars)?

My initial thought is that either methods could work excellently and save me loads of time and effort. My second thought is that the pressure from either could damage club face.

Anyone tried either/both methods and what was the outcome?

Paul77

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I use the compressed air at my course to clean shoes and trolley wheels but I use a toothbrush and Fairy over the kitchen sink to clean my clubs. Leave them soaking in a shallow tub for ten mins then get to work with the toothy brush. Hate starting a new round with bogin clubs.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
The compressed air won't do any damage but bear in mind the club may need a wipe after as there can sometimes be quite a lot of moisture in the air system.

If you are concern just get one of the little brass club cleaning brushes and a towel only takes few seconds each club face

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The pressure washer could certainly take paint off (maybe effect the decorative inserts too) and would prob take longer to fetch it out the garage, hook it up, clean clubs (adjusting them to get each side unless in a rack of some sort) then breakdown, empty & clean pressure washer before putting away

The sink, liquid soap and brushes will do for me, its therapeutic too

Agree with above, I hate starting a round with manky kit, be it clubs, bag, shoes or clothes

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It takes 10 seconds tops to clean a club after you use it. It saves doing it at home with the bonus that you have clean grooves the next time you use the club that round.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It takes 10 seconds tops to clean a club after you use it. It saves doing it at home with the bonus that you have clean grooves the next time you use the club that round.

I can't believe that you waste 12 minutes per round cleaning clubs!!!!!!!!
You should be ashamed of yourself....

:rofl:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Bowl of warm soapy water, soak for a few minutes, proper wire club cleaner brush, scrub & then wipe with towel, why over complicate a simple process?